Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Hi, I am very new to collecting. I currently have Josefina, Samantha, Kirsten and Felicity ( each one in her meet outfit) Any ideas on how I can display them? I am thing about placing them in my living room, but I am open to any and all suggestions.
    Thanks,
    Mandy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Mandy, welcome to the board! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] I have my dolls displayed in my livingroom in a nice wood cabinet with glass front & sides. I take them out often and style their hair, change their clothes, and take pictures of them. I also have a wire storage cube system in the spare bedroom where I hang all of their clothes. I'm planning on setting up my new flower bed & armoire in there and moving a couple of my dolls into that room too.
    As you get more outfits for your dolls it would be neat to display them in your livingroom wearing something that coordinates with the season. And you can add accessories and furniture too if you start collecting that also. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome, Mandy. I am certain that you will enjoy your new hobby.

I have mine standing all around my office at home and at the cottage where I work. AG-style dolls are crafted to stand on their own so dressing them up and having them all around is a wonderful sight.

Taffy

Sail-Away

Seems to me a whole lot of the collectors around here have had lots of displays. I like the rooms that people have made. Just brows through some of the ladies sites and you will see what they have done.

And welcome to the addiction!

Johanna~

Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the board, Mandy!

For displaying my dolls on special occasions, I set them up in little scenes in our family living room. But most the time, I just keep my dolls propped up on my desk or in my bookcase. They're just too adorable to hide away!

Inactive Member Starlightdreamer's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the board Mandy! [img]smile.gif[/img] Most of my girls are in my office either standing or in my wooden garden doll swing, one (Eleni my AGOT) is in my living room happily watching TV on the couch! [img]wink.gif[/img]
    ~Cynthia

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome, Mandy - it is good to have you among us! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] Like someone else mentioned, I will also set up my dolls in special displays for special occasions, but most of the time they are relaxing in my sewing/computer/doll room. I just finished getting them all dressed up for Spring, and they are now sitting back-to-back in a circle on the game table in our T.V. room while awaiting the arrival home of their travelling sister. Next week we will probably traverse the neighborhood looking for signs of Spring where we can stop and set up mini photo-shoots! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

my dolls are all in the attic in the rooms i have made for them. it's my special place where no one else ever really goes, except all my pets and my husband when he is looking for me.

occasionally there are dolls in the rest of the house, but usually only around some holidays. for christmas i pick one or two to stand next to our tree (which is the old AG tree) and on halloween i dress my dolls up in costumes and put them in a row in my front window...

have fun collecting! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

meg

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the board, Mandy. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

I have Josefina and Lindsey, my 7 year old daughter has Felicity and Kailey.

With a 7 year old daughter in the house, [img]wink.gif[/img] our dolls are not "display" dolls but "play" dolls. Often the dolls are where-ever we are. When we are not home, all the dolls sit on my bed during the day. They also stay there throughout the day when I'm at home and the children are at school. Usually I'll bring one of them along with me when I'm at the computer or when I'm in the kitchen eating lunch (I alternate between my dolls, Josefina and Lindsey). At night all of the dolls sleep in my daughters room.

I like the ideas mentioned by some of the ladies here about setting up displays of dolls to go with a particular season. When my daughter gets older, I would like for us to do that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My doll display area is a loft that is on the upper level of our house. My boyfriend also bought me a hutch he got from his old job and it works great with the scenes and settings. Here are some pictures.

http://members9.clubphoto.com/clayto...ner-5367.phtml

Tracy