Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: From Long Island to Key West - Account and first album about our trip to the US

Polly Marie

Thanks so much for sharing all these wonderful pictures and your summary of the US trip. A lot of good lifetime memories made to store. [img]graemlins/present.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a fantastic vacation, Brigitte! Loved seeing the group shot of everyone too. I had seen Ria's album and enjoyed it and now seeing yours was just the icing on the cake. Looking forward to your other trip album(s). It sounds like you have tons more pics coming! Thanks for sharing! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, what a great trip. I'm looking at the album now. I have dial up so it takes a while for each picture to load. Anyways, I have a question. I feel like I should already know who everyone is but I always thought Kamilla was your daughter. In one of the pictures you refer to yourself as Auntie? Also is the BIL someone who lives in the states? Just trying to figure out who everyone is. GREAT Pictures and I LOVE hearing about everything you did. I'll be taking notes for a future vacation.

Thanks for sharing,
    Kristin

ETA: Just finished looking through the album and I think I figured out who everyone is~~~ Andrea is your sister, the BIL her husband, Kamilla their daughter and Miki, the awesome AG enabling Aunt! Am I close? Oh and Ria the Fairy Godmother [img]smile.gif[/img] !

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 03, 2006 09:28 AM: Message edited by: Brown*Eyed*Girl ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

really truly awesome vacation!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for your lovely comments. Although I've been back home for 2 weeks now and had some busy times at work, just thinking of this awesome trip puts me back into vacation mode. We had kept our schedule fairly lose with only two major bookings apart from the flight tickets and car rental: New York and Disney World. For the rest we decided to stay flexible in case we like it somewhere better to stay a little longer.

Originally posted by prasnlrd:
    WOW! Thank you Miki! I loved the narrative of your vacation extravaganza! What a delight! That is a dream vacation. I do not think most Americans have been to all those places and we live here! HA!..Come on we know you EOYBA!!!!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We've tried to see as much as possible, actually trying to copy Americans touring Europe like in this film "If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium". It's propably the same when tourists from the US or other countries travel Austria, they will visit more places than many Austrians will have ever seen of their own country.

Originally posted by prasnlrd:
    Your albums were great!...but...er..one thing?...WHERE"S YOUR LOOT FROM AGPNY!
    [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Parts of it will be revealed soon (going to make an album) - others have to stay secret as they are future presents for various occassions.

Originally posted by Sakurako:
    I'm so glad you got to Williamsburg, even for only one day. I think it's beautiful and must have been an interesting contrast to Sturbridge, since Williamsburg was the capitol of Virginia and very political, while Sturbridge recreates a farming community about 50 years later.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cherry, I still like Sturbridge Village too - it's just different and interesting to see how things have or haven not changed in 100 years.

Originally posted by Brown*Eyed*Girl:
    Wow, what a great trip. I'm looking at the album now. I have dial up so it takes a while for each picture to load. Anyways, I have a question. I feel like I should already know who everyone is but I always thought Kamilla was your daughter. In one of the pictures you refer to yourself as Auntie? Also is the BIL someone who lives in the states? Just trying to figure out who everyone is. GREAT Pictures and I LOVE hearing about everything you did. I'll be taking notes for a future vacation.

Thanks for sharing,
    Kristin

ETA: Just finished looking through the album and I think I figured out who everyone is~~~ Andrea is your sister, the BIL her husband, Kamilla their daughter and Miki, the awesome AG enabling Aunt! Am I close? Oh and Ria the Fairy Godmother [img]smile.gif[/img] !

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ September 03, 2006 09:28 AM: Message edited by: Brown*Eyed*Girl ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kristin, you're not just close but - as we say in German - hit the nail on the head. The travelling party included my sister, her DH, my gorgeous niece and myself. Ria truly is a Fairy Godmother.

Now that I've covered most of the East Coast (just what I consider the coast along the Atlantic), I have to discover what lies west.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 04, 2006 02:22 AM: Message edited by: Miki_ ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ummm-m-m.... Utah is beautiful! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 04, 2006 02:46 AM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Smile

Oh, you must come to Utah AND Arizona on your way to California......the west coast vacationland! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for sharing your vacation with us. Your descriptions are wonderful! I'm so glad that you had a wonderful trip to the US. Come back again, soon! [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Miki, thanks so much for sharing all your lovely photos with us! I am so glad Kamilla was able to see AG Place. I am sure she loved it!!! What memories you are creating with her. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Lea [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Kenshinchan:
    I'm sorry I missed this one when you posted; so glad it was bumped up! That sounds like SUCH a wonderful trip! For the record, it's not JUST Europeans who find the air conditioning too cold...in the middle of summer when it's even 110 out, they like to keep my office at 69 or 70, and since I keep my place much warmer than that, I have to wear an extra shirt in the office. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We kept saying that we're doing an American Style Kneipp treatment (real Kneipp therapy is actually with cold and hot water).

(And you say there's cheap ice cream in Austria? Oh my, that sounds good... [img]biggrin.gif[/img] )
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I mostly pay ? 1,50 (approx. $ 1.92) for a cone with ice cream and can choose three flavours. While in the States we payed at least $ 3 for the smallest portion. I still manage to confuse the ladies at the ice cream parlour in the town where I'm working for only wanting just one flavour. As we have the Mozart year in Austria this year, they created a lovely chocolate ice cream with pistaccio marcipan and dark chocolate pieces in the ice cream to resemble Mozartkugeln - it's so delicious and I hope they'll have it next year again too.

Anyways most ice cream parlours will close at the end of September and only re-open in March. This is tradition and has to do with beeing in a different tax-class too. However, there are now some ice cream parlours that stay open the whole year because they have a coffee house licence, so we're not completely deprived of ice cream during the winter months. Actually once the ice cream parlours close, the chestnut roasters start their business for the winter.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 06, 2006 01:38 AM: Message edited by: Miki_ ]</font>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast