Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by thepidget:
    I bet Pleasant Rowland never thought her old white-bodied dolls would become collector's items?
    [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I believe precisely the opposite. She was focused on the books and wanted people to see the dolls as stand-ins for the lead character in the book, bringing the reader into the entire experience with such supplements as clothing, accessories, recipe and craft books, and the discontinued Scenes & Settings. As stand-ins, the dolls were interchangeable from year to year, not special because they were from a particular vintage.

Taffy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by skeptic:You people are crazy. There is not now nor was there ever a "Pre-Mattel" doll. You have all created this little necessity in your heads. The dolls were made in China BEFORE Mattel, mass production is mass production ladies...The black market that your hysteria/disillusions have created for these DOLLS is quite impressive.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ANYONE NEW, PLEASE KNOW THAT THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. I have not seen this name here before and they have not a clue about these dolls. It is very hard to tell exactly what year the pre Mattel dolls were made. Of course the white bodies are a bit easier because they were made in West Germany and were made between 1986 and 1991. White bodied dolls are only Samantha, Kirsten and Molly. In 1991 the dolls changed with the introduction of Felicity. After 1991 all dolls have tan bodies. The very red haired Felicity's were made in West Germany, (mine has a artist mark behind right ear). PC changed having the dolls made in West Germany sometime around 1994 to being made in China. (They could of been made in Hungry in 1994.) This board has gone round and round about artist marks behind the right ear of the dolls. Some new dolls are showing up with this mark. For awhile it was thought that only West Germany dolls had this. Who knows. The eye lashes can help. The dolls made in China have straighter and blunt cut stiff lashes. The dolls made in West Germany have very long and soft curling eyelashes. The older PM dolls have plump bodies, Mattel thinned down the bodies. The color of the hair can also help. Samantha and Molly's hair is much darker now then when the dolls were made in West Germany. The wig quality is a much higher quality compared with the China made dolls. The faces were fuller, the face seems a bit shiny after all this time when you see a old PC Doll. Mattel bought Pleasant Company in 1998. By then just about everything was being made in China. There seems to of been a real change in quality this last year. With the introduction of Elizabeth there were many items poorly designed. The sleeves would not fit over the dolls hand.

I know this is long, but I hope it helps.

kirsten White Bodied Kirsten

My avatar is a White Bodied Molly

Felicity Red Hair pre Mattel 1991 Felicity

IMG 0704 This Felicity is a few years old.
    She is wearing a PM or PC riding outfit. The weight is much heavier.

AGLAP another shot of white bodied Molly and a 1998 Josefina

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123