Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I have a question for all you AG experts. [img]smile.gif[/img] My dd's doll, the one we've had since Christmas, has a wobbly loose head. I called CS about it and she told me how to tighten it, and then suggested that if we couldn't get it fixed, we could send her in to the hospital and they wouldn't charge us, because it was a default. Her head shouldn't be loose yet. We did try to tighten it, but really it isn't as tight as the other dolls still. Should I send it in? Are their pro's and con's to the hospital, or is it all good.

The CS rep also told me that if I send in my old doll, for a head replacement, that it would be replaced with an identical head? That confused me a little. Wouldn't she loose value if I'm trying to collect her as an original?
    Thanks,
    Octavia

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What year was she purchased? If she was a Pre Mattel doll, Pleasant Company, yes she will lose some value. If it was a recent Pleasant Company doll, like after 2000, it probably wont lose all that much value. If it is your DD's doll, I would suggestsending her in if she is ok with a new head.

Polly Marie

I think the fiber-fill will fix the neck problem, also. You might even want to put in all new stuffing.
    I believe that shredding the fiber with your hands into soft wefts before stuffing, will make the doll feel softer. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kit's head has fallen off three times already. All three times, my grandmother, mother and I all worked together to get the head back on, but it doesn't seem tight enough even then. So I'd recommend the polyfill stuffing if that's worked for others. I think I'm going to try that on Kit myself this summer before she travels.

GreyMyst

Originally posted by skeptic:

The black market that your hysteria/disillusions have created for these DOLLS is quite impressive.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">20040322104550troll5ic

Don't feed the troll.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How are you tying the knot in the neck string? Is it a standard square knot, meaning you loop it around once to make half the knot, and then you repeat it? If so, try looping it around twice the first half, and once the second. It makes the knot less prone to loosening.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by DaisyDee:
    How are you tying the knot in the neck string? Is it a standard square knot, meaning you loop it around once to make half the knot, and then you repeat it? If so, try looping it around twice the first half, and once the second. It makes the knot less prone to loosening.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is exactly how the AG Hospital does it, i.e., looping it twice on the first half and then once on the second half. I wondered why they did that when I untied the string on Molly's neck to add stuffing...

Taffy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by SaraLovesHerDollys:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by skeptic:

The black market that your hysteria/disillusions have created for these DOLLS is quite impressive.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">20040322104550troll5ic

Don't feed the troll.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just in case anyone is wondering, troll garbage has been deleted. Thanks, Bean Bunny. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by DaisyDee:
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We tied it that way... I think? lol!
    I think we're dealing with a lack of stuffing. My dh, tied that darn thing tight and it's still floppy. I never would have thought of that, thanks guys!

Octavia

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Many of my dolls were made in West Germany- not China.

And mass production is mass production, but after Mattel took over the company they changed some of the materials used to produce the dolls. The eyelashes are different, the vinyl is harder, the wig quality is different. The body is a different size.

Since the molds wear out over time there is definetly a difference between many of the girls who are PM to Mattel and even a difference between PM and PM or Mattel and Mattel.

All the dolls produced in one year tend to be the same- but when you have a 20 year span of doll making "mass production is NOT mass production".

Then again look at Marisol. There are many different looks to her (chubby cheeks, skinny cheeks) and she was only produced one year.

Me quite honestly- I prefer the PM dolls, but don't pay high prices for them.

As to the OP- if this is a recent doll, there is no way to tell if a doll has been to the hospital or not. You will not loose any value unless you have a PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast