Thread: Molly's New Vanity Table*Up-Date*

Polly Marie
    The order for Molly's vanity table came today. I was very excited as I opened the large box!
    Thankfully, I examined the mirror first. <font color="red">*It looks like a mirror film is glued to a metal backing. It was wrinkled and a large vertical scratch in the middle section of the triple mirror.* THIS WAS FOUND NOT TRUE>See bottom of message!</font>

I called AG and they are sending another one with instructions to inspect the mirror for defects before sending.

Those of you who are thinking about purchasing the vanity, please ask a CS rep to include a note for shipping to examine the mirror before packing.
    I can see this as a big problem since it is hard to get even contact paper on a surface smoothly!

<font color="red">Am I embarrassed! There was a clear film over the mirror parts to protect it, like a new watch has over the face. I peeled it off, but still there is a small pin sized defect in the central mirror. I'm glad I am getting another one to compare the mirrors. </font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 12, 2006 01:46 AM: Message edited by: Polly Marie ]</font>

emsmombuysdolls

Thanks for the heads up! I love having HB as the unofficial testers of AG merchandise. I am a very informed consumer!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow! That's such a shame. [img]frown.gif[/img] I know you must have really been looking forward to the vanity. I am very happy that CS is already sending you another one. Hopefully, the next mirror will be perfect. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] I really hope that AG will take time and exercise more quality control before sending this merchandise out. Thank's for the warning! [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Same thing here also. I was going to take the mirror up to LA the next time I go and get it replaced.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, this is really disappointing. The vanity is the MAIN thing I have been looking forward to ordering. For that price, you would think it would be GREAT, in my opinion. Is the mirror a real mirror? I guess for now I am going to use the Stardust Classics vanity till I hear that AG fixes the mirror quality issue. I sure want the perm set too!! Anyone have it yet?

Karla

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I bought the vanity and I am just delighted with it. My mirror had a plastic peel off protective layer to avoid scratches. It really is worth the money.

Brenda

Polly Marie

Brenda, We must have been posting about the same time! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    My husband looked at the mirror and told me about the covering film.
    Have you wiped your mirror yet? It seems to have a very soft finish on the mirror parts and the backing of the mirror is chrome colored plastic, not metal(like I thought at first).
    I believe that I will use fleece to wipe the mirror parts. Fingerprints show up very prominently.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL Glad you figured it out! [img]wink.gif[/img] Can't tell you how many times something like that has happened to me! Also glad to hear you have a new one on the way to replace the one with the mark on it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bump- same question here. For those of you who bought the vanity, is the quality worth it? This makes me think I might be better off having DH craft a little vanity and stool (he does woodworking and furniture making) and then making a fabric cover myself. I could probably find a little real mirror to go on top, or have him frame one.

I'm kind of sad to hear about this- this was THE item that made me want to have a 1940s dollhouse room and hence collect more stuff for Molly. But $60 is kind of steep if the mirror isn't even real.

Is it sturdy and made out of nice wood? Otherwise high quality?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the update! I'm relieved- this is such a pretty piece!