Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salon chair---any thoughts--good or bad??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok--DD has decided that it is just so IMPOSSIBLE to do doll hair with a doll sitting on her lap and has told me that she needs a beauty shop chair...ok well, add that to the list..does she think we are made of money?? She'll get it of course cause we are total weenies...
    Anyway, the AG one has a suction cup to hold it steady? Who does doll hair where there would be something to "suction cup" it to????
    She would be sitting on the floor! We have wood floors but she would typcally sit on a rug or a carpeted section. So here is my dilemma---
    1) Is the chair heavy enough to not be suctioned to something and still stay upright?
    2) It is expensive, how is the quality, worth the $$?
    3) Is there another brand that anyone has that is ok too?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    PS-can you make the dolls hair too wet when you are brushing? DD loves to spray it and then use the pretend hair dryer to style it.
    Thanks!

EDITED for spelling.I really should slow down!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 16, 2006 10:42 PM: Message edited by: littlelissiefan ]</font>

T. Lynn

I just broke down and ordered the salon chair since I had the $10 off code. It actually just arrived today.

I was looking at the generations doll chair from Target. It was really cute looking, but looked on the cheap side. Not trying to be harsh, as I LOVED the design, but it didn't look to sturdy. I wanted to get it so bad but hated the fact that it looked like it would fall apart to easy. I'd rather spend the extra $ and get something better.

Then the code came out, so...

I ordered the AG chair. Again, I received the chair today but it's a christmas present. It looks real study. I thought we could suction it to the kitchen counter or maybe even the dining room table if need be. It also looks heavier/better made. Maybe I can check it out in more detail tomorrow when my daughter is down for a nap. I just took it out briefly today.

Hope this helped a little...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Does anyone have the one from target as well? I would like to get that one, as I am tight on spending from too many dolls!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow! No, indeed! The one we got about 6 weeks ago (the old style) is WAYYYY better! They did a MAJOR redesign! Here is an ImageStation album of photos of my chair. If you can find this one, I would highly recommend it. At $19.99, it can't be beat!

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2102917085

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 17, 2006 10:41 AM: Message edited by: tallpkb ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We have the OG one from Target, and we love it!!! Now granted, we've only had it for 10 days, but it's gotten a lot of use in those 10 days, by a lot of little girls. I haven't looked at the AG one very closely, but the OG one we have seems VERY sturdy. It doesn't have a suction base, but the base is VERY heavy, and we haven't had any probs with it tipping over. It has a lap strap for the doll, which helps. Now, this chair was purchased about 1 1/2-2 mos. ago, and I believe it's the "older" one (only came with 4 hair clips and a brush). I would think the new one is better, but one never knows..... I'm planning on going to Target tomorrow so I can look at the new ones to see what the differences are. Anyway, that's my 2 cents!

T. Lynn

The one I saw at Target didn't have a lap restraint. That was a negative factor as well. Again, it was REALLY cute (the design) but didn't look as sturdy.

Here's a link to the one I saw:
    http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000ASG5WE

I was there last week to specifically get it until I checked it out in further detail. Then with the AG code, decided to use that and stick with the original.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 17, 2006 01:01 AM: Message edited by: T. Lynn ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by T. Lynn:
    I ordered the AG chair....but it's a christmas present....Maybe I can check it out in more detail tomorrow when my daughter is down for a nap.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Have you had a chance to check this out yet? I am interested in getting this new salon chair and would very much appreciate any reviews. [img]smile.gif[/img]

T. Lynn

No, sorry I didn't get a chance. My daughter didn't go down for a nap today. I can either check it out tonight when she does to bed or tomorrow when I'm done work. She's going to the grandparents for one last weekend before school starts. If not tonight, I can definately do it tomorrow night if you'd like me to.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you so much - that would be great! I'm sure I'm not the only member of the board who would like a review. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I bought the new salon chair to replace the original AG chair, and I do think it is a big improvement over that one. I don't have either of the Target ones so I can't compare those. I had real issues with the first AG chair, mainly because it wasn't heavy enough to stay put, had unrealistic cloth upholstery, no restraint, and no suction bottom. It was cute, but didn't work well. I may actually persue the idea of returning the original one now, as rust stains are showing on the cloth upholstery all around the chair, anywhere the metal and fabric touch. It's never been in a damp place, or gotten wet, so I haven't figured out why that happened. Anyway, I do not like the color of the new one, (sooooo Barbie,) but it is much better in every other way. I am an adult collector, and I style my dolls' hair with them facing toward a mirror on my bathroom vanity and me standing behind them, as a hairstylist would do. (Having said that, I am still a POOR dolly hair stylist!!) The chair suctions well to the Corian countertop and the strap holds them in. I used to sit them directly on the top and somehow they always ended up twisting or falling over, and my braids and ponytails were always crooked!! I think it was worth the money (I used the 10% code)as it seems fairly well made to me. Lin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast