Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about an ebay seller

emsmombuysdolls

Or if she is one of us, please answer my question. Where in the world does she/you get her/your stash?!?! I am dying for 1/2 of her inventory but since I didn't win the lottery last week, I can't afford it. I don't want to say her name because I don't know if it would violate any posting rules. Let me just say that she has EVERY retired AG item under the sun! Unfortunately she has really high BIN prices so I can't shop their. Oh, but I would if I could! Some of her items include: Addy complete stilting outfit, Molly capture the flag, and Kit necklace for girl. She has about 9 pages of retired items. A lot of them I didn't even know existed. I want to find out where she lives and rob her house. J/K. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am glad you asked the question because I am dying to know as well but I am not holding my breath waiting for any secrets to be revealed!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I did a search for the items you mentioned, and I think I found which seller you were talking about. I am always curious where they got so many rare retired AG items. Do they have inside information from AG when something was about to retire so that they stock up (like maybe their friend or relative works in AG)? Or perhaps, these are seconds from gray market in China? There is another seller selling a lot of retired AG outfits, but most of her items have no tags because they are seconds.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's actually very interesting when checking the completed auctions for this seller (6 pages worth!) that half ended with no bids and the other half ended with a bid. Also interesting that the buyer's user id is kept private. Hmmm....wonder what that's all about?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just curious, are the retired outfits "seconds" from China worth the money? Is there anything wrong with them? Has anyone bought any? do they look any different than ones directly from AG? TIA! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have heard that some sellers keep the buyers ids private to protect thier buyers-to prevent rivals from contacting her bidders offering similar items for less,to allow people to bid without revealing to anyone who knows their id what they are buying and spending and in certain fields the buyers know each other and may hesitate to bid against a "friend" or someone they usually lose to or may run up the bid of a rival..
    The down side of course it also could hide unsavory practices like shilling and bid shielding.Since most of the seller I found by looking up Kit necklace for girl items are buy it nows that is not a concern with her.The reason so many of th items ended without a bid is most of her items are not in auction format-they are only buy it nows and no one bought them.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 28, 2006 10:32 AM: Message edited by: BittyCollector ]</font>

joelanddeborah

I don't know the answer to your question, but I think some people had the foresight to think ahead, buy extras and leave them in their boxes for quite a few years. Now, I don't know who would have the discipline to do that, as the SECOND we get something, it's out to play! [img]smile.gif[/img] If we had all bought those extra accessories in 1991 or 1995, we would be able to do the same thing with them now--sell them for a large amount of money!

I have purchased things from that seller you are referring to, and she is very nice to work with! I have never had any seller pack things as nicely as she does. Nothing has ever been broken or arrived late. She is really a great seller!!

Deborah
    [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Several years ago I think it was when Pleasant Rowland left the company their was a huge sale on the web site. At the time I didn't nessessarily think they were retiring it all but they ended up doing so. They had all of Felicity's things that are not retired as well as Addy's and all the other dolls etc. My sister and I bought it all because it was a really good deal and we had about half of it anyway so it wasn't like we were spending a fortune. I think that at that time some people knew they were actually being retired and bought tones of stuff. This is just a speculation however.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 28, 2006 10:59 AM: Message edited by: Molly92 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Deborah and Girls:
    I have purchased things from that seller you are referring to, and she is very nice to work with! I have never had any seller pack things as nicely as she does. Nothing has ever been broken or arrived late. She is really a great seller!!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I know what you mean -- she packs an outfit like it's a Faberge egg! That just tickles me for some reason. They also have a separate seller ID for AG stuff that is incomplete or not NIB -- that one is run by her husband (or another male relative), who is equally great to work with. I bought one of my cabana furniture sets from him, and I could barely get to it because it was packed so securely!

Donna Cotterman

This seller is a fine person. She does estate sales and collects her items in this manner. I'm sure she would be happy to answer your questions and for you to get to know her.
    I have done business with her and she is always professional and prompt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast