Thread: Am I Being "Oversensitive"

TitanicLover15

Question

Everyone knows how rare and hard to fine Kit cards are. Well on Curt's website, someone had posted that they had some 2001 to trade. "It's my lucky day", I thought, so I emailed this person asking what numbers they were, and I got a responce saying 2, 8, 12, and checklist. I thought she ment the 1-60 checklist, so I emailed her back and asked if it was 1-60. She in capital letters said, "NO THERE 2002!" I emailed her back saying I was confused becuase she had posted 2001, and if she understood why I was confused. I just got an email from her again in all caps.

"Yes I get it! NoW WHAT CARDS DO YOU WANT to TradE?"

Is it just me, or is there something wrong, or am I just being over sensitive? Please let me know.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 14, 2006 11:58 AM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

She could just have a problem with caps lock. Some people don't realize that all caps is often considered shouting. Of course, she could just be rude *grin*.
    Sarah

Donna Cotterman

Don't worry about it. I forget to downgrade my caps lock after I type a listing for e-bay.
    If you are really interested in the Kit cards... type her back and use your caps lock. She might be hard of hearing or it might be a guy and he doesn't know any better. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Either way do the business you want to do and then don't invite them to tea...
    ^j^ Mrs. C.

fly-away

I think she probably had keyboard problems

TitanicLover15

I thought so too, but her very 1st email to me was not in caps at all. Oh well.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 14, 2006 11:54 AM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's how lots of impatient (and sometimes younger) people seem to type; I wouldn't take it as a sign of anger or anything. If the punctuation, grammar, spelling, and capitalization was perfect on the first e-mail and the next ones looked like the ones you posted, though, I'd wonder if they were written by different people....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I always take that as "screaming" as well. If it was a key lock problem, the first letter of each sentence would be lower case thinking it was a capital.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think you were being over sensitive, that person was being quite rude.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've had on my caps lock before and not realized...but I always seen it as I type on my screen and fix it. It sounds to me like they were just rude.

Don't take it to heart. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Some people are just like that and its nothing personal.

As Mrs. C said,
    Either way do the business you want to do and then don't invite them to tea...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]smile.gif[/img] (I love that!)