Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I found a copy of Molly's story collection at an antique mall for under $10, so I picked it up and reread Molly's books for the first time in years. What fun! I remembered the basic stories but had forgotten a lot of details.

It seems poor Molly can never get a break! She has the worst streak of bad luck. She plans a great Halloween and has all her goodies destroyed by a hose. Her team is victorious in color war, but they all get poison ivy. She's chosen to be Miss Victory but then gets too sick to do it. I always feel so bad for her when I read her stories.

So, what are your predictions about the Molly movie? What parts of the books do you think they'll use?

Here's what I think:
    I am pretty confident we will not see Camp Gowonagain. Like's Samantha's summer story, it doesn't have much effect on the books and will likely be left out.

I wouldn't be surprised if, as with Felicity's movie, they combine "Changes" with "Surprise." Having her dad come home on Christmas would be a bit cheesy, but I can definately see them going that direction. I'm also wondering if they will extend the story slightly beyond her books and show a scene from the day WWII officially ended. (I can't remember exactly what time of year that was though.) Felicity and Samantha's movies ended with big family gatherings that weren't quite in the books.

Emily will probably have a bigger part. We've already seen a picture from the Hooray for the USA that shows her behind Molly.

We've talked about what Molly and Emily's big item might be. I'm not sure if anyone already mentioned this, but I think a good idea would be a new radio to replace the retired one! She should have a large one like the one pictured in Molly's Surprise.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I want the big item to be some sort of classic car.

Felicity and Samantha got carriages, it just makes sense.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think you are pretty on with your predictions. The Germans surrendered on May 8, 1945, or V-E day. The Japanese did not surrender until August 15th, 1945, and the war was "officially" over September 2, 1945. I could totally see Molly's Dad coming home at Christmas, but then what would happen to the Christmas box he sends, etc? I almost think it makes more sense for him to come home near the Miss Victory recital in March, since that is much closer to the end of WWII as well.

Plus, how would Emily fit into the Camp Gowonagin sequences? Emily seems kind of delicate, and I don't see her slogging around in mud and in the lake to win Capture the Flag! I could see the writers adding her into most of the other books, but that one would be hard. I guess we'll have to wait and see when it comes out! I just hope they do the books justice!

I really want them to rerelease Molly's Radio, too! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 12, 2006 11:50 PM: Message edited by: molly*belle717 ]</font>

Polly Marie

Looking forward to some 40's style dress outfits, PJs/robes, school outfits and dance outfits. As for the big items, I want to see a console radio and also a stand-up microphone. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie

thepidget

I love the idea of rereleasing Molly's radio. I also hope to see more 1940's clothing for Molly! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm guessing the Camp Gowonagin (sp?) stuff will be dropped... I would love to see that story in action, but it probably would also take up way too much time in the movie.