Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

I keep my dolls in their original hairstyles. (I'm hair dumb whether it is doll hair or my own). That's why I'm in the market for fixer-uper dolls, so I won't be scared to play with their hair.

Well, yesterday I was changing Kit out of her baithing suit when the rubber band holding her hair broke due to dry rot. It didn't have a ribbon around it like Samantha, so I had to try to redo it. Eventually I got it, but I don't think it looks as good as when I first got the doll. I know I'm goofy, but I had to share my story with people that would understand...sort of.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am completely neurotic about my doll hair. Molly is in her original braids-- I think I may have rebraided them once but I wouldn't even consider taking both sides down at once. Samantha's half pony has been redone because it got messy but her hair has never been brushed out-- I brush each curl back into place, wrapping it around my finger.

It took a great deal of effort to muster the courage to take out Lindsey's little ponytail. The rubber band was well on its way to rotting and I read the old band can gum up the doll's hair. I am so glad I took it down! I spritzed her hair and brushed it and it so much bouncier (is that a word?) and curlier than it was before. I put a new band in and replaced her barrette and she looks lovely.

But I know exactly what you mean about not getting it exactly right and being frustrated by it. I was thinking about AGT23 because she comes with her hair down so there wouldn't be a style to mess up. I'm sure Kit looks lovely and she's probably happy to have a fresh rubberband even if her hair isn't exactly as it was.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm sorry to hear that [img]frown.gif[/img] I'm hopeless with doll hair as well. I can pull off simple pony tails and pigtails, but it's another story when it comes to braids. Which is unfortunate, because Kirsten's are in dire need of rebraiding. I'm going to see if I can find a friend of mine that's good with braiding or doll hair that might be able to help me with Kirsten. Maybe you could do the same, find a skilled friend to help with Kit's hair and teach you as well [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm not the greatest with doll hair, but I will style a doll's hair occasionally because:

a. It gets messed up
    b. It's fun and relaxing to do hair!

Sometimes it take me forever to get a particular style right, though. I have to get it as perfect as I can.

ButtercupFlibble

I can't even do my own hair! The only AG dolls (out of the ones I have) I can style well are Addy, Felicity and Kit. Addy's textured hair is just more easy for me to deal with (which is odd because I'm white, but my own hair is very thick and more coarse than a lot of other people's), Felicity's is just a ponytail and you kind of tease the little curls out carefully, and Kit's is short enough that it's not hard to take care of.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Most of my dolls hair I dont style or monkey with for fears of ruining it... other than putting them in simple ponytails, etc... the only hair I style is one of my pm lissies, and #24, the rest all are pretty much the way they came!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Reminds me of how when i got josefina, her braid was kind of uneven and i attempted to rebraid it. it was horrible! i got it in a ponytail, and eventually got it into 2 braids, and its not coming out of them anytime soon!

Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You might already know this, but you can get little silicon "rubber bands" in the hair section of most stores, and they don't disintegrate like the others do. They also don't pull on the hair the way the others do.

Joy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll have to look for those.