Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do you take your dolls to AGP?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

About the One Treat Seat rule at the Cafe -- they always say that. I think the person who takes the reservations is the Treat Seat Cop. Once you get there, I'm sure you'll get treat seats for everyone you bring. I've been to the Cafe in AGPNY twice, the second time with my mother -- who requires an extremely limited, unseasoned, specific diet -- and they were very helpful about that AND we got two treat seats.

How do I get my girls to AGP? I take them on the train! ROFL

My standard bag I take to work is a black waterproof zipper-top bag that was a premium from our local PBS channel. I always ask for that bag when I pledge so I have quite a few. I carry one with my stuff in it and one with Gina in it. That's just for the to/from. Once we get on the train, she likes her own seat if possible, or she sits on my lap and together we stare down anyone who was rude enough to take her seat! She gets back in the bag for the walk to the store and then she's out to see the sights all during the shopping, REVUE, tea, etc. and we check her bag with all our loot in the cloak room.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I use the Club tote bag. DD has the AG backpack. The club tote works great. We used it at Disney World too. If you want you can let the dolls head stick out or you can tuck her all the way inside.

Last year at AGPC we had 7 treat seats for a party of 4 kids and 2 adults. It was a little crowded but hey who knows if we will ever get back!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Heeey, Sakurako, your talk about free totes reminded me of a free tote I had! (I got it at the place I'm going this summer, actually. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] ) Take a look at Kirsten's sweet ride! [img]wink.gif[/img]

http://www.juliestudio.com/kirsten/etc/bag.jpg

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 22, 2006 10:43 PM: Message edited by: Kenshinchan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Katie & agmom! We will be in Chicago the 2nd week of August too! Yippee, maybe we can all meet. As far as treat seats go, I agree, they will give them to you, so dont worry [img]smile.gif[/img] When we were there last year DD carried Kit in her arms, we immediately purchased Elizabeth before looking at anything else, so I carried Kit and DD Elizabeth. I saw other adults carrying dolls also. So just pack your "girl" all around and have a great time!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just carry my dolls. There is no limit on Treat Seats, as long as you have dolls with you, they will bring the seats to you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I haven't had the courage to carry a doll to AGPC, as I've only seen children with dolls. If I'm bringing a doll anywhere I'll put her in a large canvas tote or inside a backpack. That way, when I'm self-conscious(especially when I'm on the El on my way there or back) I can hide the doll away and I can bring her out whenever I feel comfortable or need her for pics.

I'd like to have a HB meetup at AGPC so I can bring a doll and I'll be around other adults with dolls and won't feel as uncomfortable.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123