Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you report someone to ebay for inflated s/h charges?

Polly Marie

This has happened to me, the high shipping cost==
    But never as much as you are being asked for by this seller. [img]eek.gif[/img]
    Please give us an item number of one of her auctions, so we can see who it is!
    I would call eBay.
    The latest eBay number I have: 408-558-7400
    Polly Marie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Grr her ins. fee is $3 too yuck even THAT has a handling fee.

Oh well live and lear I guess.

Thanks for confirming that it's not just me who thinks this is UNreasonable.

emsmombuysdolls

I would leave it in her feedback. Then maybe other buyers will know what is going on.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Starla,
    What cute scrapbooking stuff, and you also get those neat cases, all organized. Maybe the $20 is high but they will come in a box, and I have'nt shipped anything that size for less than $10. lately. Maybe the shipping is not that far off. If you get one of those labels that doesn't list the price, before you open it take it to the PO and see what it would cost to ship it to her. Mostly just for your peace of mind.
    Good to see you post, how is your dollie room coming, I would love to see pictures of it. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Wickedgood

Unfortunately, unless you have contacted the seller before the auction ends and verify how much they'll take off for combined shipping, I don't think you can do much against them in regards to making a complaint with ebay. She DID take off SOME, just not as much as a reasonable person would assume.

I would NOT leave negative feedback, just because I've seen some very nasty sellers retaliate by leaving negative feedback to people who don't give positives. Having a mark against you (especially unfairly) does not seem worth it. Instead, I'd just be thankful that the shipping wasn't like cassieandnicolesmom experienced - an outrageous sum compared to the price of the item.

As for slightly inflated shipping and handling prices: I have two minds about it. I just received something that I paid $5.00 shipping for. It was packaged in the standard USPS priority mail small box (that you can pick up from the post office for free). The actul postage price stamped on the label was $4.05. So I'm paying 95 cents just for handling. I don't have any problem with this. The seller has to print out a label, package the item securely, tape it up, go out of her way to drive to the PO and send it off. Several dollars worth of handling fees is reasonable to me. Combined shipping is something that I've really lucked out on - I've only gotten multiple auctions a few times and the sellers were really nice and sent an invoice quickly with what I considered fair shipping fees.

However, when I see an auction that says "buyer will pay actual shipping fees plus S&H", or "see in item description" and then there is no mention in the body of the ad - I usually take pause. And then decide not to bid. I don't need unnecessary ebay headache (ebay can be irritating enough) and what might look like a good deal could quickly turn into a nightmare. There are too many good, honest ebayers out there with everything labeled clearly - a dollar or two more paid extra is worth it in my mind.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 17, 2006 07:04 PM: Message edited by: Wickedgood ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome back Starla! We missed you, how have you been feeling?

AS for this sneaky seller, it seems to me that if they are going to set "handling" charge, then it should be disclosed in the listing, especially if it is assessed PER item. She's just trying to get her fees paid and make a little extra for herself too. She also states that it is "actual shipping" and handling. I would send her another email, and ask specifically how much her "handling' fee is for each item. When she gives you an answer, do the math to see if this fee adds up to the $15 more than the shipping should "actually' cost. If it doesn't, or seems unreasonable (which it is) write her back again. Gently remind her that this fee was not fully disclosed in the auction, and that ebay has policies against padding the shipping and also full disclosure. It's truly unfair of her to state her shipping policy in that way without disclosing the exact amount of the fee. (Don't threaten that you;ll report her, that might cause retaliation) Then wait and see if she adjusts her price. If she doesn't, report her!

Polly Marie

I have the seller listed as high shipping in my files. I keep a list of bad sellers as well as great sellers. You can guess on which list this seller is noted!!
    Again, I'm sorry that this occurred to you, but thanks for the head-up. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I paid $12 to ship my Engel dolls and the actual shipping was $6.00, the seller said the rest was handling fees! The dolls weren't packaged very well and the girl was practically out of the box. I just decided not to leave feedback because I didn't really know what to say.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12