Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you report someone to ebay for inflated s/h charges?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The seller was charging $6 s/h on an item and stated that she would gladly combine s/h on items purchased within 5 days of one another as well as paid for together.... I bought 4 items (very LIGHT weight items too) and now get my invoice... $20! ACK! She says that is the CORRECT price! That by combined s/h she meant $1 off eek!

Now I KNOW these items can be shipped for $5 ish easily and so even if she wants to charge handling fee's it still should be a more reasonable s.h.

*Sigh*

So should I try to fight the price? Or just suck it up and make sure to never buy from this person again?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would e-mail the seller and say the combined price seems too high. Does she have to get separate boxes or something. Is it fragile?

I had a similar thing happen to me once. I bid on a baseball card (a $4 card) with no stated shipping price. I just figured it would be cheap. I got the invoice and the shipping was $5! I didn't pay it and e-mailed the seller. The seller was going to ship the baseball card in a priority mail box and charge me $5 shipping. I asked him to just send it in a plain evelope with a stamp! We e-mailed back and forth a few times. Finally, he did and everything was fine. I paid 50 cents for shipping instead of $5. I was willing to take my chances. That's the hassle I got for bidding on an auction with no stated shipping price. Never again... Lesson learned. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Good luck with your dilema. Hopefully, if the seller has good feedback, she will want to keep her high positive rating and work with you.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 17, 2006 05:39 PM: Message edited by: judiaci ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I did email the seller, she stated that she charges a handling charge on EVERY item bought and that her rule for combined shipping it only $1 off YUCK.

So it looks like I'm going to be stuck paying this outrageous shipping charge. *sigh*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Homemommie!!!!! It is so nice to see you again!!!!!
    I am sorry to hear about the shipping problem. I would def. try to work it out with them, that is outrageous shipping!!!!!
    I hope they will be fair to you and change the shipping price for you.
    My husband bought a cheap computer part, I believe it was under $12 and they said they charged actual shipping(which was around $7.00) and they sent an invoice with $60 shipping!!!!!!
    We did not pay for the item, since they would not change the shipping price and my husband did try to work it out with the seller, but we kept getting an automated response to pay with the $60 shipping,DH ended up reporting them to ebay and we just never had to pay for the item and we did not get a strike against us for not paying.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Homemommie:
    I did email the seller, she stated that she charges a handling charge on EVERY item bought and that her rule for combined shipping it only $1 off YUCK.

So it looks like I'm going to be stuck paying this outrageous shipping charge. *sigh*
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Does she state this "rule" in the auction?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unfortunately, I don't think ebay will do anything unless her individual auction prices were too high.

There is no requirement to combine shipping and technically she did give you a "discount" although I agree that it is outrageous!!

Welcome back! I was just thinking about you this weekend and wondering how you were doing!

Faith

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That really stinks!!!!!!!! [img]frown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome back! [img]smile.gif[/img] I would email the seller and say you think the shipping is too high, can she please lower it? If she says no, I guess you'll just have to pay the ridiculously high shipping. [img]frown.gif[/img] I hate how some eBay sellers make you pay high shipping, shipping insurance, AND handling fees on their items! [img]mad.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

************************************************** Actual Shipping and Handling will be $6.00
    I will combine shipping if multiple auctions are won with in the five days, and ONE combined payment is made.

That was the *fine print* grrr no indication that the ""combined"" rate would be so ridiculous.

She is not willing to work it out as she says that is her handling fee (grrr) she further stated that if I would have bought from her OFF of ebay that she would have given me a better price.

*sigh*

Not fun!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So it sounds to me if you would of bought off ebay from her you wouldn't be paying her listing, paypal fees then...

I just finished paying a high shipment fee on 3 auctions from the same person who also stated combine shipping charges. It ended up costing me shipping charge of $13 for the 3 items, it came in a padded letter maybe cost the seller $1.50 and the postage cost to mail it $2.30 so I know I ended up paying for their fees.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast