Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: remember the mini Samanthas on e-bayy for BIN $45?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, the seller has now changed his feedback to "Private" after receiving 3 negative feedbacks in the past month (his feedback is still in the 90's though because he had sold so much stuff). This just reinforces to me that I will never buy from someone with "private feedback." But it got me wondering- do other people have a problem with it, or is it just me that makes me think they must be hiding something? Is there a "good reason" to have private feedback? Thanks!

Jo

Oh, and by the way- he still has mini Samanthas for sale for the same price.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I saw those listings too. Did you read the whole description where he only accepts returns if you purchase insurance at something like $12? I do not feel comfortable purchasing from someone with private feedback.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I didn't see the part about having to pay insurance, but the $16 shipping fee is not refunded, along with a 15% restocking fee (another almost $7). So he'll still be keeping almost $23 if anyone returns the doll, and that more than covers the cost of the doll and original shipping- so really he's out nothing at all, and he gets to keep the doll.

Jo

ETA: I just looked at the ad again, and yes, you can only get a refund if you've purchased the insurance which is $6.75. So if he buys a $15 doll, pays $4 to ship it priority and $1.50 to insure it (a grand total of $20.50)- then someone decides to buy it for $46, plus $16 shipping, plus $6.75 insurance (grand total $68.75), then decides to return it to him- he keeps almost $30. Yeowch!

Does e-bay have a "ban list" like they have a favorite sellers list, where I can add people like him, and his auctions never come up when I'm looking at stuff?

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 12, 2006 09:14 AM: Message edited by: mykidsloveAG ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just hope people READ the auction carefully to see that it is a 6 1/2 inch doll and don't just jump on the BIN.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 12, 2006 10:42 AM: Message edited by: Melissa*Olivia ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Melissa*Olivia:
    I just hope people READ the auction carefully to see that it is a 6 1/2 inch doll and don't just jump on the BIN.

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ June 12, 2006 10:42 AM: Message edited by: Melissa*Olivia ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I know about 15 people have bought them- eventhough the listing does say 6 1/2 inch doll. I just can't believe that many people did the BIN realizing what they were getting. It is their own fault for not reading carefully- but the guy could make it clearer by putting the word MINI in the title, or at least in bigger print.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree I wish they had an "ignore this seller" option! hehe, I've had a few run ins with shady folks. Fortunatly, most of the sellers I've dealt with have been great.

Octavia

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am completely against people breaking ebay rules and being dishonest, but I have a hard time figuring out what this seller did wrong.

The picture shown was of the mini, the auction lists the height of the doll.

Buyers need to be careful on ebay. Just because the price looks good doesn't mean you should jump before you make sure of what the item was.

Or were the pictures of full size dolls? In which case...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by mykidsloveAG:
    ... is it just me that makes me think they must be hiding something? Is there a "good reason" to have private feedback? Thanks!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I never buy from anyone with private feedback. If there's a good reason for it,I haven't heard it and frankly I wouldn't care. Feedback--and feedback as a seller, not as a buyer--is absolutely essential imo.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Skittl1321:
    I am completely against people breaking ebay rules and being dishonest, but I have a hard time figuring out what this seller did wrong.

The picture shown was of the mini, the auction lists the height of the doll.

Buyers need to be careful on ebay. Just because the price looks good doesn't mean you should jump before you make sure of what the item was.

Or were the pictures of full size dolls? In which case...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't think he's broken any e-bay rules at all. I think his shipping and insurance charges are outrageous for a mini doll. I agree it's buyer beware on e-bay and people should read carefully before they buy. I was just noting the auction so that a board member doesn't join the other 15 people who have done a BIN for something that ends up costing more than 3 times what it would cost direct from Amazon.com or AG with a code.

Jo

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Skittl1321:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think its illegal to overcharge on insurance of any kind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast