Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TV show Arther Making fun of AG!!!??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We watched the Arthur CGI special and my daughter loved it. I thought it was cute. It's akin to when special effects went to digital and weren't just some people throwing things or banging things around. If they do it more often we will get used to it. I think it is nice to see a new one. I'm SO tired of the same episodes OVER AND OVER! I love Arthur too, but csome new episodes are needed.

The Arthur today wasn't making fun of AG. I think it was, as someone earlier said, a realistic look at a cultural icon. AG is overpriced...we have ALL said so at one time or another...so just a real life true situation. AND further people do make their own things so that they can cut down on cost...

Just my 2 cents...

horselvr2

Originally posted by cami713:
    We've talked about this before, here's the link- http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...f=2155&t=30527

I *love* Arthur, and I have since I was small, way before the TV show. The books were sweet, and natural, and the TV show is witty, and I don't feel at all bad saying I watch it even though I'm almost 21.

Though I didn't find this to be an accurate portrayal of AG or it's main fanbase, it was a fun episode, and I liked the overall message- collect something because you like it, and only get what you actually like, instead of buying just to buy, as Muffy was doing.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yup, I was about to say, "Didn't someone post about this before?".

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I saw that episode...I thought it had something to do with hamerican girl......

Inactive Member aero_AGdoll_lover's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

....Well I guess now that I really think about it, maybe they arent making fun of AG. I saw the Henry Screeber (uuh, I have no idea how thats spelled.lol.) episodes. I loved them. I still love Authur too. thats why I didnt have a problem watching it. lol. I guess I got all steamed up for no reason...because I didnt compare the Screeber episodes and This one. I guess it is realistic. but I still think they over-did it with the World girls place. lol. AG place certanly dosnt have a train running through it! lol!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12