Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV show Arther Making fun of AG!!!??

Inactive Member aero_AGdoll_lover's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, So i am watching The PBS show Arthur with my 7yr old sister because she wanted me to, and guess what, they are virtually making fun of AG! the dolls on Arthur are called "World Girls" and They even made a "world Girls Place" and the dolls come with books on the history of the doll's background and culture and saying its all a ripoff and the acsessories are like $50.99 and saying that the dolls arent accurate and they are all about collecting and are making fun of people who create their own clothes and accessories. Ugh! what are they trying to say! Sorry. this just got me a little steamed up.... [img]confused.gif[/img] My mom said maybe the writers daughters are into AG, but she sat down to watch it and couldnt believe it either! grrr... [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually, I still love Arthur, and I loved that episode. It's not making fun of AG, it's just a very realistic episode. They've also done their Henry Screeber episode that is similar to the Harry Potter series. And A Series of Unfortunate Events, and the like.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love that show still, too! I've been watching it forever. I don't think it wa smaking fun of anything; it was just a spin-off. They've done spin-off on Harry Potter and A Series of Unfortunate Events, like Laura said.

Hehehe...I love Arthur. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have had to watch that episode over 5 times with my son. Every time I watch it, it makes me laugh. It's so true to life. Must have. Must have. Must have. Hee Hee.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We've talked about this before, here's the link- http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...f=2155&t=30527

I *love* Arthur, and I have since I was small, way before the TV show. The books were sweet, and natural, and the TV show is witty, and I don't feel at all bad saying I watch it even though I'm almost 21.

Though I didn't find this to be an accurate portrayal of AG or it's main fanbase, it was a fun episode, and I liked the overall message- collect something because you like it, and only get what you actually like, instead of buying just to buy, as Muffy was doing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds funny! I bet my DD would love to see that episode. Does anyone know what it is titled, so I can look it up on Tivo?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds funny! I bet my DD would love to see that episode. Does anyone know what it is titled, so I can look it up on Tivo?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Do You Speak George?/World Girls

Is the title of the entire half hour program. Arthur is split into 2 12ish minute episodes. The second one, World Girls, is the AG episode. I don't know how Tivo works, if you'd need to program both, or just the one [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry to post a third time.

Has anyone seen the movie? Arthur's Missing Pal, I heard rumours about it forever ago, and finally saw a commercial to buy it a couple weeks ago. It's CGI, and looks super weird.

Apparently it was on PBSKids on the 18th. Just wondering if anyone saw it and if it was worth buying.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL, and a 4th time [img]smile.gif[/img]

The episode is airing this Sat (the 26th) at 5:30 AM.

Might want to check your own listings at www.pbskidsgo.org, click on Arthur and then through the Parents and Teachers section, click on TV Schedule, and then Local TV Schedule.

Hope that helps anyone who wants to see it [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My daughters really enjoyed the "Arthur's Missing Pal." I only saw a little bit of it and was having a hard time getting over the 3D characters, but my girls loved it.
    ~Stacie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast