Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Now that I am a bit more relaxed I can tell you why I have been such a basket case lately (well... more than usual! [img]wink.gif[/img] ) and why I have been crying for my dollies like tiny tot.

Two days ago DD was helping DH in the kitchen and a pot of boiling water slipped away and she got 1st and 2nd degree burns on her right hand!
    Thankfully DH used to work at a hospital and took the whole thing in stride and provided first aid that helped minimize the issue. However, she has burns on the whole upper side of her hand and the inside of two fingers.
    The whole thing is turning yucky looking and we have ointment all over the place.
    In her own opinion, she looks like a mummy now!
    According to her doctor, hopefully, she will heal with no issues.

All this happened 4 hours before they told me about it, since I was on my way to a job interview that I could not let pass.
    Imagine how I felt when I got to know what had happened and that I wasn't even there for my only one!
    Oh boy! When it rains it pours!

Thanks for listening, and please keep us in your prayers. It seems that we are being tested in so many fronts!
    I want my dollies!!! [img]confused.gif[/img]

Thanks for listening!
    Ana

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thought & prayers to you & your family. Your poor daughter! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] There is nothing like having a hurt child & wanting to make it all better right now. I think you both need some dollies to cuddle.(((HUGS))) to you both.

Hope things are looking up soon. [img]graemlins/rain.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh no! Glad your DD is going to be all right! And that you are too!

(Do you mind telling me what first aid your DH used? I burn myself more often than I should and different people/websites give different first aid tips. [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ana, I am so sorry your little daughter got hurt! My [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hurts for her, and for you and your husband as well! What wonderful news, though from the doctor - I'm sure the good prognosis is due, in large part, to your husband's quick thinking and quick acting. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours during this time of trials. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Polly Marie

Ana, It seems like the rain won't stop sometimes. [img]graemlins/rain.gif[/img] I am so sorry that your daughter was burned. [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img]
    You and your family are in my prayers. I hope you'll soon see the sun! [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Awww , Anna I hope she will be well soon, Im so sorry for all the stress going on in your life right now!!! Look at the bright side, things can only get better [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Awww Ana!!! That is awful!!! I cannot believe that happened! You did not even mentioned it when I called, maybe it happened that time? poor thing. I'll call tomorrow, ok.

Hugs to Erika! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Felicity_Fan85

I hope your DD will be better soon!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hope your daughter heals well. My daughter was about 2 when she grabed a hold of my husband;s sodering iron. She had horrible 2nd degree burns on the whole palm of her hand and little fingers. She never cried (she has Cerebral palsy and does not feel pain on that side of her body from a stroke). Thankfully I am a nurse and did daily dressing changes. It took over 3 weeks and no visits to the doctor (I am so thankfully for being an ER nurse) and she healed 100% with no problems what so ever within a month. Modern medicine is the best!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hope your DD gets better soon. When I was little a whole cup of burning hot coffee spilt on me and I had burns all down and stomach and chest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast