Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm so sorry to hear about your DD. A similar thing happened to one of our neighbors. Their preschooler ran through the kitchen as the mom was moving a pan from the stove to the sink and she spilled it on him. He had burns on his neck, chest, and arm. Everything healed great thankfully. I'm glad your DH knew what to do. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts.

joelanddeborah

That's terrible! I think the worst thing in the world is watching a child in pain, especially your own! I hope your weekend is a little more stress-free.

Deborah [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

thepidget

I'm so sorry that your DD got burned. I'm sort of a chicken and I'm actually kind of afraid of boiling water [img]redface.gif[/img] ...but it's for a good reason! I hope she will okay.

I bet a lot of us go running to our dollies when we go through rough patches in life. They are a source of quiet, steady comfort. [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

I'm so sorry to hear about your DD. But as other people have posted, burns from boiling water usually heal without leaving a lasting mark. What you will need to heal for yourself is that horribly useless guilt about not being there when it happened. No one else will hold you in the least responsible and you were out trying to get a job to help your family. So please hug your favorite doll and YOU feel better soon, too, as well as your DD.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks to all of you ladies for the good words and prayers.

We are all feeling better now, and all that DD wants to know is when she can go back into the pool now that it does not hurt anymore.
    So here we are "designing" a glove coverage that is not obnouxious so she can get into the water, particularly in the next couple of days that it's going to be quite hot.

I am, again, getting all wiggly since I have to leave home for two days due to interviews.
    But I have to repeat to myself, that they need me more lookign for a job than taking care of boo-boos. That is what daddy is for! [img]wink.gif[/img]

By the way: the first aid he used was cold water compresses followed by neosporin ointment with painkiller (to prevent infection and soothe the area). The cold water helps with the inflamation, and the neosporin kept the area protected till the doc gave her something specific.

Thanks again for all your support!
    [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
    Ana

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12