Thread: Felicity's dishes, New clothes

ponydreamer

The Felicity dishes that I got are stamped with Pleasant Company on the bottom. The little sticker says made in Taiwan especially for Pleasant Company.

What does this mean? Are they old stock? Should I be happy, or does this just mean that Felicity's things don't sell?

About Addy's dress? Anyone who has it: Do you like it? I don't really think I like it that much. I don't hate it, but I don't know....it just doesn't do anything for me. I think the kite is ridiculous....and I put that away. Any thoughts on this?

I am not thrilled with the weird flowers on Sam's dress, but I think I like it. I even like the hat! I didn't know if I would! And the accessories are great. The shoes are precious.

Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would suspect that if the stickers say PC that they are old stock, and that would seem to be a good thing, to me.

Personally, I like the new Addy dress--from seeing it and touching it at the store. I wish it was thicker fabric, but overall I really like it. I also happen to really like the kite. It seems pretty cute to me. But my opinion may be influenced by the fact that our family collects kites. It's been a family project for about 20 years.
    Joy

<font color="#020176" size="1">[ March 05, 2004 10:38 AM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have found that when you order from the catalog, you are more likely to get the older items with Pleasant stickers/tags. I have gotten older boxes, usually the one with the circles of the pictures of the girls but Samantha's Winter Party Dress came in the white box with the sleeve and was tagged Pleasant Co. Kirsten's stuff is more likely to come in a newer box. I'm not sure offhand which other outfits I have received that are tagged Pleasant. Also, replacement items I've gotten are usually older, too. Things you get in the store are always in the newest boxes and I don't think I've ever gotten anything "old" from the store.

I wonder how long they used the Pleasant stickers after Mattel purchased AG. They surely had a supply to use up before they switched so I wouldn't necessarily be convinced an item is pre-Mattel just based on a sticker.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I bought Felicity's party treats at AGP NY and they are tagged PC!

ponydreamer

Pleasant company is painted on the bottom of each dish, though...that is what surprises me.

Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

AG's decision to totally disband the PC title is relatively recent... I would think even the newer things would still have this label with them. And if it was an older stock, I'd definitely be happy- old PC is true quality!

Sorry to hear you weren't really pleased with Addy's Kite dress, but its great to know Sam's dress is so cute. Sometimes you really have to see things is person before you can judge how much you'll enjoy them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Addy thing didn't do anything for me really when I saw it in AGP I thought I would hate Samantha' stuff and I was so surpised that I couldn't wait to get home and put it on my doll. The hat is so silly and fun and the shoes are so drop dead adorable. I wish the stockings were of a different style but at least they are a different color.