Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How do you feel about the new Today doll? On one hand I think she's adorable. But I have Marisol and like variety in my dolls. It also makes my Marisol less special. She really isn't LE anymore. I guess I would be happy about this if I had missed out on Marisol when she was available. Is anyone planning on getting this new doll?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I totally agree. I like to get unique and different looking dolls. That is way more fun,imo.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm not planning to buy either of them. I was very disappointed when I saw them. However, I am glad that some of the little girls that I know who wanted her will be able to have her.

ETA: I have figured out how to add #28 into my collection. I am going to sew highlights into her wig!!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 31, 2006 10:45 PM: Message edited by: smoredrama ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My question is, now that this new AGT is out, are the sales on ebay of Marisol going to climb? Marisol going to depreciate in value now this new gal is out? She looks EXACTLY the same but with a haircut! I think shes cute and all, but for those of us that bought Mari, its like a slap in the face lol
    Sigh.. well atleast my credit card wont get TOO maxed out this time

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It doesn't really seem fair to everyone who bought a LE Marisol. On the other hand, I don't have a Marisol, and am thrilled with this new girl! [img]smile.gif[/img] She's too cute!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My daughter is so disappointed to see this new doll. She loves her Marisol, but feels kinda cheated now. We paid a little more than retail back in March or so for her. She figures that she should have just waited. She is bummed too because the new doll's hair is closer to my daughter's haircut, but can't justify buying the new one.

I don't have Marisol, so maybe I will get the new one sometime, but I prefer Marisol's long hair so maybe I will get one off of eBay someday. Why did they have to make a Marisol look-a-like?

T. Lynn

Geez, some people may not be able to tell them apart.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think it definitely makes Marisol less special. That new doll looks EXACTLY like her, except with her curls cut off. [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img] They could have at least given the new doll a different skin tone or a darker/lighter hair color to make her more unique. Marisol is a gorgeous doll who sold very well and clearly they want to capitalize on that. But what's the point of marketing a doll as LE if a lookalike doll will be available right after? Mostly it just annoys me because I wanted to see something really different and unique - a doll with bright red hair and freckles, or a short-haired Asian doll, or a Middle-Eastern looking doll. Instead, they give us a doll that looks exactly like one they've already made. Sigh.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have to agree. I really don't like any of the new stuff. 27 is just 22 with 2 more inches of hair, and 28 is Marisol without my favorite part... her hair! [img]confused.gif[/img]

And the new outfits... eew. Too much pastel.

However, it means my wishlist won't get any longer. Yay!! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Inactive Member americangirlnewbie's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just paid $160 for Marisol on Ebay 2 days ago! OUCH!! I wish I knew that AG was putting her twin sister on the market! Oh well!! [img]frown.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast