Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I was shocked by that, but I am glad. I didn't get Marisol first time round, so I have to get this one (my Chanel) to justify.

I'd go on eBay and get a real Marisol, but my mom absolutley hates eBay and I can't go on it [img]frown.gif[/img] .

Dancingfewl423

I'm really disappointed too. Unlike last year, when the new dolls were completely uncomparable and individual, these seem to be copying off their AG sisters - Marisol and #22. My Marisol's definitely feeling a lot less unique. [img]frown.gif[/img]

T. Lynn

Don't feel bad, we have 2 Marisols that we use as twins. Really makes me mad! It was also my daughters first 18" doll and first LE at that. Now she really seems less special.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm very disappointed that AG didn't come up with more original ideas for the new AGTs. I think it is really annoying to the people who bought Marisol thinking she would be a LIMITED EDITION doll, only to see a new AGT- Marisol but with a hair cut! [img]mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img] [img]frown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do you think maybe they "over produced" Marisol, and decided to give her a haircut and make her a JLY doll?
    Scenario #2......Marisol sold so well,(because everyone bought extras to Ebay) they made a JLY out of her, only shorter hair?

MickeyFan

I think it is great that they made a doll so similiar to Marisol so girls that wanted Marisol but couldn't now can. Personally, I think the new doll is cuter than Marisol with the shorter hair. I don't purchase any JLY dolls, but I would switch the new one out with my daughter's Marisol in a heartbeat. There is still a difference between the new doll and Marisol. Marisol's hair is longer and the new doll doesn't come with all the dance accessories that Marisol did. I don't by the LE dolls for a profit so I really don't care too much about whether Marisol's value goes down.

T. Lynn

Oh well, I prefer Marisol's longer hair. You can do so much more with it. Makes hair styling more fun!

prasnlrd

Originally posted by MickeyFan:
    I think it is great that they made a doll so similiar to Marisol so girls that wanted Marisol but couldn't now can. Personally, I think the new doll is cuter than Marisol with the shorter hair. I don't purchase any JLY dolls, but I would switch the new one out with my daughter's Marisol in a heartbeat. There is still a difference between the new doll and Marisol. Marisol's hair is longer and the new doll doesn't come with all the dance accessories that Marisol did. I don't by the LE dolls for a profit so I really don't care too much about whether Marisol's value goes down.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Heeeyyy!! I like your train of thought. I also agree with you about what you said in another thread about who AG makes these dolls for.

It is true and the truth can hurt sometimes, but you just get what you want. End of story. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think that since I do have Marisol I won't get the new Marisol Look-A Like.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My guess is that Marisol WAS overproduced and they wanted to make a profit and sell the rest of their stock rather than sending her to the outlet stores later on!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast