Thread: My First Trip to AGP (kind of long)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I went to AGPLA yesterday. [img]cool.gif[/img] You warned me that I would be overwhelmed, and you were right. At first I was kind of astounded, and wandered around looking at everything and grinning.

By the time I got to the second floor, I was so excited I felt like I might be sick!
    There was a knot of tension sitting in my chest. It was totally like being a kid in a candy store.

I wanted to pick out a doll since I'd have a chance to choose one from such a large group. I looked at the Jess displays first, but seeing her in person I think she's just not for me. Then I looked at Kit, Nellie, and Elizabeth. I love Nellie's facemold and her hairstyle is fun, so I picked one out. I'd also snagged a Sparkly Tunic and doll hairbrush (I lost the one I bought initially).

At this point, my mother found me to make sure I wasn't going crazy and spending more than I had. I think she was pleasantly surprised to find me with one doll, one outfit, and something as useful as a hairbrush. I also picked out a souvenir AGPLA doll-sized T-shirt.

This is my favorite part of the trip. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] My mom was actually interested in American Girl. She asked me to show her the Nellie display. Also, she really liked Nellie's accessories (especially her hat). She loves the Sparkly Tunic outfit, and wished that it came in adult sizes. We both fell in love with the Bitty Twin Brunette Girls, and when I said that maybe we could get a set to share at Christmas, she agreed! It was so awesome!

In the end, I did not buy a Nellie. [img]redface.gif[/img] It's going to sound silly, but it just didn't feel right. None of the Nellie dolls, not even the one I picked out, looked at me with the "Mommy I want to go home! Buy me and get me out of this box!" look. I'll get another chance to go to AGPLA sometime in August, when I'll have a little more money, so Nellie will probably be joining the family then. It will give Joanie and Felicity some time to get used to the idea of a new sister, LOL!

The Sparkly Tunic outfit is adorable. The blouse is lovely. I don't usually like sequins on clothes, but this looks great. The matching shoes close with little snaps instead of stretchy elastic, which I had been expecting. Yay good quality! The jeans are very pretty and trendy, although I had a little trouble getting them onto Joanie (I think she might be a tad chubby). She loves the outfit and thinks it makes her look sophisticated.

Thanks for listening. I wish that I'd had one of you there with me to calm me down and act as an enabler. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 17, 2006 02:50 PM: Message edited by: Avione ]</font>

Polly Marie

It looks like you had a pleasant first trip. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I am glad that you consider your doll purchases carefully. [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]
    Maybe the future will hold a Nellie for you, but in the meanwhile you have time to decide if this is for you. [img]graemlins/clock.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie

monimarine

I'm glad it was a good experience for you! Sorry that Nellie wasn't calling to you! I hope you find the right one soon!

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm glad you had a good trip to AGPLA. Thanks also for the review of the sparkly tunic outfit & comments on the shoes in particular. One more item to add to the wish list... When I saw Jess & Nellie at AGPNY in Feb, my initial reaction was the same as yours--they just didn't call to me as much as I thought they would-- but by the time I got to go to AGPC in April it was a whole different story. Somehow she just looked cuter than before. Jess ended up coming home with me, largely because she is a LE whereas Nellie is not likely to go away. Maybe that will happen with Nellie & Jess when you go back (lucky girl) again? Or maybe Emily will hop into your suitcase instead? Good luck either way! Katie