Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Molly Party!! (No, it's not too early to start planning...)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Who here is going to have a Molly movie party? I think I'm going to throw one for my sister (and all my ag-loving friends as well, of course).

Anybody have any good ideas? I pretty much know what I'm doing for Kit-Kat's (IT WILL BE ALL ABOUT THEM) but no idea for Molly. My sister has Molly, and she (Molly) likes the Beatles. Molly the historical character is modern Molly's grandmother (grandMolly?! [img]tongue.gif[/img] ).

I think I'm going to get this book out of the library called "World War II For Kids" which had some ideas, but I don't know if it's at all usable for parties.

Maybe writing letters to soldiers?

What about decor?

I just had a case of dolly-party envy when my sister's friend got invited to one... I always try to throw really good theme parties for her and thought I could really go all-out on a doll party (even more than her fashion magazine one which was pretty cool). Then I realized it could be someone from HB... [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img] I don't know... I guess I was mad that I didn't get there first, and now it would just seem like "everyone" is having doll parties, but my sister wouldn't let me or my mom plan ANYTHING this year. She's 8. It was OK, but it wasn't that great of a bday party. Just kind of run-of-the-mill.

ANYWAY>>>>>>>>
    Share your ideas here!!

ETA: What about easy Molly and Emily costumes? We could totally pull that off, but I am NOT knitting a Molly meet sweater. I could sew a dress or something, but no way am I knitting. It takes way too long... lol

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 30, 2006 03:44 PM: Message edited by: Kit, Kat, and Friends ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You are right! It is never to early to start planning a party! I bought red, white and blue decorations on clearance after the Fourth of July that I plan to use to celebrate the release of Molly's movie.

I found a lot of things on clearance at Michael's for 70% off--cute streamers, stickers, etc.

I also bought some extra Fourth of July paper plates at Dollar Tree to use.

I'm planning to decorate our Family room (the room with the BIG tv) in patriotic colors.

I'm sure Jillian and I will be doing some patriotic crafts to get ready for the movie also.

I know we will be popping popcorn, and we might do some ice cream sundaes. I saw some red and blue ice cream sundae cups on clearance at Walmart and I'm hoping to catch them at a little lower price.

We also might make star shaped cupcakes and decorate them with red, white and blue sprinkles.

We have 2 of Molly's Miss Victory costumes so I'm thinking that two of our girls will dress in them and maybe we'll get Emily's outfit before the movie comes out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I almost forgot...

I plan to use the Hallmark Molly ornaments to decorate the room also.

AND... Molly's books will be displayed too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If want to do a sweater like Molly, I'm sure you can find some fashion knit fabric (the joy of making a knit sweater without knitting)in navy blue, but I'm not sure about the plaid/argyle print.
    I thikn a Molly Movie Party sounds like fun. I will probably have to record the movie and watch t later since I know tha twhatever my fiance wants to wacth will override the Molly movie. I'd rather watch it once the kids are in bed and the house is quiet.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For a Molly costume, forget the sweater--just use a plaid jumper and white blouse in your DD's size! [img]smile.gif[/img]

prasnlrd

I was planning to have a Pajama Party for the night of the movie in November. I am in the process of getting enough PJ's so everyone will have a pair.

I will dress them all in PJ's and let them watch the movie. We did this last year with the Felicity movie. They had a lot of fun!

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by AsianAG:
    For a Molly costume, forget the sweater--just use a plaid jumper and white blouse in your DD's size! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good idea. Cheaper and easier.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Since we don't get Disney Channel, our movie party will have to wait till I can get the DVD! [img]frown.gif[/img] But, as Jack puts it, we can buy two new AG outfits a month for the money we are not spending on cable! [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 30, 2006 04:35 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Jeanette M.:
    Since we don't get Disney Channel, our movie party will have to wait till I can get the DVD! [img]frown.gif[/img] But, as Jack puts it, we can buy two new AG outfits a month for the money we are not spending on cable! [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ August 30, 2006 04:35 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's a good way to put it! I don't have Disney either. I'll wait for the DVD for my dolls' party, or I'll convince a certain someone to let me come over with Molly and Emily to watch it on her TV.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Awesome ideas! Not sure if these have been posted, but here are some more.

Decorate living room in red and white (Molly's colors) streamers and balloons, and set up a Molly scene with your collection in a place of honor. Maybe some of your dolls could be having cake at the table, some in PJs on the bed, etc.

Before the movie, get the radio out and learn a dance that was popular in Molly's time.

Print out checklists prior to the movie with items prevalent in the time/in Molly's collection, and have guests check them off as they see them. You could give out a prize for whoever sees the most or something.

Get some plain foam headbands from Michaels (I think they have some shaped like crowns) in patriotic colors and decorate with patriotic stickers, glitter, sequins, etc. Would be fun to wear and make a great picture!

Decorate old coffee cans with construction paper, stickers, glitter, etc. in patriotic colors and plant some ivy or something- a mini Victory Garden!

Get little paper bags (to represent the metal ration) and fill with a "TV dinner"- popcorn, sandwich shaped like a star, cupcake, carrot and celery sticks. You could also take the fabulous suggestion above and have an ice cream sundae bar where guests can help themselves during commercials.

Play the "Going to Grandmother's House game" (where you have to name things alphabetically, and each person has to recite what everybody before them said, but instead have it as the "I'm Going to America" game (in honor of Emily's evacuation).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast