Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

At first I was going to agree and say "Salt Lake Salt Lake" but then I thought better of it. I like how AGPs are now, where it is a trip to get there. You have to travel or order online/catalog and wait. It seems kind of special that way.

If they were in every city I'm sure I'd love it at first, but I think I'd spend less in the long run, if that makes any sense what so ever... [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Atlanta! Yes! I would love to see a full AG Place in Atlanta but I guess it's not a destination city, like New York or Los Angeles. Enough folks pass throught Atlanta that it's perfect for an AG Boutique.

I'm glad AG is putting cafes in the Boutiques. Hours of shopping makes one hungry. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Julia

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If there's a boutique with a cafe- maybe you could do a birthday party there! Wouldn't that be fun for girls?!?!

Personally I would like to see them in all major cities. They probably wouldn't carry furniture and maybe not even all the dolls (although they would have them displayed modelling the clothes)- but think how much easier it would be to see the outfits and decide if you really want it. The AGPs would still be the only place to get the big stuff, see the show, etc. I think it's a great idea!

Jo

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 17, 2006 11:25 AM: Message edited by: mykidsloveAG ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Atlanta, definitely. That way, it's a day trip, I can stay with relatives, and still not pay sales tax! LOL.
    I think they should sell all sorts of stuff, but just wouldn't have the quantities that the main stores have on hand, and the cafe would be nice. That would do well in a mall, even.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think I like AGP the way it is now. Maybe a few AG botiques, as long as they're far enough away to warrant a trip. I like the fact that AGP is a special experience, and I'm worried that if it became commonplace we wouldn't dress up, be enchanted, or get the "full" AGP experience I've come to know and love.
    Plus I'm worried that it will become too commercialized. When Build-a-Bear was younger there was only one around my house, and it was an hour away. It was this huge event and now there are two about 20 minutes away each. Plus (this is what worries me the most) the outfits and bears retire so fast you can't get any of them! I couldn't stand that happening to AG!
    Though, my dolls wish they could go into a mall and try on clothes like "normal people" (says Piper). Alas, I think I'd end up spending less because I'd know I could always come back.

And MollyGirl - WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR POOR BITTY TWINS!!??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I heard about the store and cafe idea about a year ago. I think it's a bad idea, because it will be almost the same thing as American Girl Place, and will ruin the special experience.

AG Crazy in Wyoming

Ditto that!! Ditto that!! Lacey Jane [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img]
    ~Bugs [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I bet they are going into Seattle and Atlanta first! Remember the "free book" giveaway on the Save Girlhood site last year? It was "technically" open only to WA and GA residents. I called their phone number, which is different than AG CS, and was told that they were test marketing the idea of stores in both cities! I love this idea! It would mean that we could go to the mall to buy our outfits, try them on our PM dolls to see if they fit BEFORE we buy them, see exactly what the furniture and accessories look like; in short, it would just be fantastic!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

~Dee

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Interesting. I had heard about the mini stores, but not a store and cafe.

How great is that.

[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 17, 2006 12:45 AM: Message edited by: MollyGirl ]</font>

joelanddeborah

I'm thrilled to think about one coming to Seattle, but I have to say I'm a little disappointed that it might not be a full-blown American Girl Place. I guess we'll take the boutique, but won't that mean we'll have to pay sales tax? Yuck!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast