Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by JuliaAM:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Dreaming of Dolls*:
    I like the idea of this poll, but not really the way the options are worded. I like outdoorsy stuff, but that doesn't mean that I hate everything with glitter or frills.... "Sissy" and "girly" are not really the same thing, IMO....
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree on this. The wording which equates "girly" with "sissy" isn't right. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The wording of the choices was tongue-in-cheek, remiscent of the silly quizzes in teenage girl magazines (and some ladies' magazines!). I didn't mean that girly-girls like myself are sissies or that outdoors-girls are not feminine, it was just an exaggeration of the choices. Sorry!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Girly stuff is BETTER!!! I can't stand the outdoors... blech.
    ~~~x.n.d.x
    [img]graemlins/storm.gif[/img] = [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by x.n.d.x:
    Girly stuff is BETTER!!! I can't stand the outdoors... blech.
    ~~~x.n.d.x
    [img]graemlins/storm.gif[/img] = [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, that's your opinion, which you are of course entitled too. I said that most people who like girly stuff aren't neccessarily going to LOVE all girly stuff and HATE all outdoorsy stuff. I didn't say that everyone who loves girly stuff is going to like some outdoorsy things.

Felicity_Fan85

I like a little of both. I love the color purple! And pink is good too, although after years of a pink room, of course I had to change it, lol. I just had to have a ballgown for my senior prom and a tiara (I love ballgowns-so pretty). But I like camping too (for the most part) -just give me some-no-a lot of sunblock and bug spray and I'm good. I don't like bugs so much though- dragonflies are cute and so are butterflies but I absolutely hate moths and ants and bees.

I do agree that there are quite a bit more frilly/feminine outfits like dresses, and that there should be more outdoorsey or even just outfits with jeans and hoodies and tees. I like the Kickin' Back outfit and hope to get it this summer. AG just needs to have more variety and maybe even get some surveys out there.

MickeyFan

Originally posted by Felicity_Fan85:
    AG just needs to have more variety and maybe even get some surveys out there.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">AG already has survey groups. They consist of girls in the AG target range and the girls' parents. I wonder how much the answers weigh in what is made though. Sometimes the product is already made before it is shown to the survey groups.

Felicity_Fan85

Maybe they should mail out surveys to everyone who gets a catalogue or buys a product direct from them that has questions like "what is your favorite sport?" or something.

MickeyFan

Originally posted by Felicity_Fan85:
    Maybe they should mail out surveys to everyone who gets a catalogue or buys a product direct from them that has questions like "what is your favorite sport?" or something.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think that would be a great idea! I also think they should survey people when they are placing an order. I know other doll companies do that and it helps them determine what to come out with next.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

AG kinda does survays, under the "fun for girls" section on their website they have a poll each week. Things like "what is your favorite sport" are the types of questions. I vote every week when there is a new poll!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Some of the "problem" of Jess's sales may be the "girly" aspect (more girls who play with dolls like girly things, whereas those who are more prone to athletics/shooting games/etc. are more likely to have action figures). But has anyone considered that Hispanics are by far our most common minority in this country? And I'd guess that most AG dolls are purchased for girls who just have one or maybe two AG dolls (although, some of the collections here make me second-guess thatt idea!). But anyway, most of those girls (or if not the girls, their parents) generally want a doll that at least has a resemblance to their own looks. Many non-Asian parents, then, wouldn't buy an Asian AGT, not because of racism, but just because it doesn't match their daughter. They're not necessarily against multiculturalism, but a doll that expensive isn't exactly where many parents would want to start...a $15 Barbie in a kimono is a bit easier to handle.

I can't imagine that "new face mold" would appeal to anyone except for hard-core buyers. I have no idea what the breakdown is of people buying the LE dolls (casual versus rabid fans). But even non-Japanese Asians might be reluctant to buy Jess because she's not from their heritage.

If I myself had a half-dozen dolls, I'd definitely be interested in Jess (and would probably make my own historical). But I don't think TOO many people without any Asian heritage would be interested in making her their first or second, and as I said, I'm GUESSING that's where the bulk of AG sales really come from.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We bought Marisol because DD is a dancer. Also, we didn't have a hispanic doll and thought she was beautiful.

We didn't buy Jess because we already have a lot of dolls. Jess didn't overwhelm us with desire like Kailey and Marisol did. The historical collection is our first love. We decided to put the AG money this year into Elizabeth's bed and Elizabeth so Felicity could have her friend.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 18, 2006 11:23 PM: Message edited by: judiaci ]</font>

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast