Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know this has been discussed before, but I don't have time to search for past posts. Is there anyone that has this that would be willing to post a review? Is it annoying that your girls have to sit on cushions instead of chairs? Does the shorter table bother you at all? Is it a great table to have if you have nothing else yet? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love it! The table is amazingly nice and very sturdy. The cushions are plush and elegant. The dolls look very cute sitting at it. I have no problem with them being on the floor. I think it might even make it easier to play with them that way.

There are pics of the party table and the party accessories in my birthday album:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2106477236

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Mary! I loved your party pictures. What a fun thing your family did. It looks like one of these is coming to our house.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I haven't actually sat the dolls at mine yet but i do have one problem with it. In the catalog it said it had wooden legs but mine seem to be plastic.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Those who have it, do you think the top of the table could be painted? That pale blue does nothing for my vision of an Asian themed room, and I think, if I got it, I'd paint it either red to match the cushions, or black.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Check out pictures of the party table used at my Star Festival (album link below).

The top is an odd light blue, and the cushions are a light off-coral color. IMO, the cushions photograph much darker than they actually are. I *wish* they were so dark.

That said, we love this table. I keep meaning to call AG to see if I can get 2 more cushions as replacements, so 4 girls could sit there at once. You have to sort of lean them forward unnaturally at first, or else they will flop backwards (or maybe that's just our dolls!).

The tabletop is generously sized. This is our main table beside a Springfield drop-leaf wooden one. DD uses it for doll school lessons, parties, meals, a library table -- everything. It is nicely packaged and stores well in its own box.

I just *knew* that this was going on sale soon, but I bought it at full price last month. Alas for me. But now that it is on sale, go get it. It's a fun piece.

And yes, I think it could be painted. The legs are IMO a high-gloss finish, so they might need some sanding or Magic Eraser to make the paint adhere (I use Magic Eraser for everything, including varnish remover).

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 01, 2006 02:54 PM: Message edited by: EleanorofAquitane ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

DH (in construction) told me the table top could be painted- I plan to eventually paint it black, as I think the blue is an odd color.

I love the table and the cushions are really cute. I thought it was a great deal at $32 when I bought it, so I'd snatch it up at $25!