I also agree with the mods here. I know I'm one of the ones who's complained in the past about netspeak.

I'm 20, have been using IM for around 7 years, and am quite computer/internet savvy. However, there are still "terms" that I don't understand. Netspeak is not a universal language. Within your group of IM friends, you might use slang terms that my IM friends and I have never even heard of, there will always be things that some people just don't understand. For the most part, everyone on this board should understand proper English (even our foreign members seem to have an amazing grasp of the English language), so it just seems to make more sense to type in a way that more people will be able to read.

I always try to use correct grammar/spelling. The only time I don't care is on Aim, because, it's a fast moving conversation, and the slower you type, the faster it takes to get a response. Here, I'm sure most of us don't expect an immediate response, so using abbreviations to type faster seems silly, as you probably won't get a response any sooner.

It's like the old argument with the signatures, if you respect those who are reading it enough, you'll do what you CAN to make the board nice to look at, and user- friendly. As was stated by the mods, no one is asking for perfection. [img]smile.gif[/img]