Thread: Sort of OT: American Girl and either Molly or Kit to represent my Grandma !

AmericanGirlLover2982
    Have been thinking a lot lately of purchasing a new doll. I want my doll to represent my Grandma. Kit because Kit is close to her time when she was born which was 1920 and Kit is from 1934. Then I was thinking Molly because she is from 1944 and Molly kind of looks like my Grandma when she was young as a young girl. My Grandma wore glasses so thats why I think she reminds me of Molly. So I really dont who I want. Can you guys help me out here.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If I wanted a doll for my grandma, I'd buy an AGOT and make clothes for her. [img]redface.gif[/img] You can always wait for Ruthie and buy her glasses? (Assuming your grandmother has brown hair.) Kit looks great in glasses too, if your grandmother's blonde!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would get a doll that looked like your Grandma when she was young - an AGT. Then I would buy her glasses and some of the Kit or Molly clothes that remind you of her or of what she would have worn when she was young.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nikki, you NEED both of them! Molly is my absolute favorite, but Kit is a close second. They both remind me of my grandma who is the same age as yours.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would go with Kit, as I think the same way about my mother (she was born in 1925, which would make her the exact age Kit was in 1934.) Your grandmother will probably feel very honored! [img]wink.gif[/img]