Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know what you mean about bonding with your dolls...once you hold them, it's like they're yours...

Congratulations on finally getting the Jess that is now yours!! She really is just a gorgeous dolly. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm so glad that you finally got a good one. I just recieved my order that I placed for a second Jess doll (so I could try a new one without have to call CS again about my first Jess), and she came with major wig problems. She has strings hanging down from the wig (several) and her hair parts really funny down the edge of the wig cap in the front. Hopefully the next one they send will be better.

Shanna

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the Jess Exchange Club. It took me three tries to get a decent doll. What were the problems with the first three dolls?

I don't know what the issue is with AG - are their other dolls having these issues, or is it Jess-centric? I've NEVER had a problem until my Jess. Suddenly, there are issues all over the place. The people at AGPLA seemed exasperated with the number of "Jess returns" but I hope corporate gets the point - we're paying a lot of money for these dolls, we expect them to be worth it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I guess I haven't been paying enough attention because I didn't even know there were problems with Jess. I ordered her as soon as she came out and mine is fine. I took that for granted but now after reading this I realize how lucky I was.

It is so important for AG to understand that poor quality dolls won't be tolerated. Mattel has an incredible franchise in AG with products essentially pre-sold. If buyers lose confidence, I can't even imagine what Mattel would have to do to earn it back.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

She is beautiful!! I am so glad that I persisted, though it is sad that it took AG four tries to get a doll here without major defects. I felt awful having to call again and again. The first CS I spoke to was okay, the second CS was mean, but the third CS was super kind and understanding. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    She even added instructions for them to inspect the doll before they shipped her. Now I just need to wait for the return tags to send the dolls back. In the meantime, my living room looks like a warehouse. LOL

Thank you to all of you that encouraged me to keep trying. Jess really is a great doll and she was worth the wait. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So happy for you. I think it is important that we do fight for first quality in the AG dolls and accessories. AG seems to be cutting corners on some items. If we do not return items that are not perfect, they will not know there is a problem.

So, [img]wink.gif[/img] good for you for keeping up the battle and I am so glad you won.

[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You are right, but I still felt bad complaining. If there hadn't been major problems, I wouldn't have bothered.

My Addy doll makes the worst noises when you bend her limbs, My Molly doll arrived with super floppy legs, and My Grace (18) has part of her wig unraveling which gives her a patch of white among her dark hair. I fell totally in love with these dolls though, so I had to keep them no matter what.

Since I had heard that some Jess's were having problems, I planned on checking the doll out immediately. I still never dreamed I would get three defective dolls in a row. In a way it was good that the defects were so glaringly obvious, because I didn't even have to remove the dolls from their boxes. If I had had them out and spent time holding them, I probably wouldn't be able to send them back.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well I'm glad you finally got a Jess you liked. It's too bad you had to return 3 of them... I've never heard of that happening before. I don't think I'd ever be able to return a doll, unless it was an obvious defect. Too attatched and I love them for their flaws! Also it is important that AG gets the message - the dolls haven't been as high quality since Mattel took over IMO.