Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sent email to AG, got reply back.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The thing is...we're not asking them to do something for us that wouldn't help girls. I remember reading a post about someone who had been saving her money for Josefina's piano, only to have it pulled before she could get it. They don't need to make 200 dollar outfits, they just need to have some consideration for both collectors and girls (who can also be collectors).
    Sarah

fly-away

Sorry it didn't work out, I've suggested a lot of stuff in AG and a dollhouse company from England, and one time they asked me if I would mind if they used my idea in the future and I was really excited (I was only ten).

Maybe you should call CS or something? All those e-mails are written in advance or something. (Sorry if someone said this, I didn't read all the comments)

fly-away

Originally posted by nicbecjamsar:
    [QB They don't need to make 200 dollar outfits, they just need to have some consideration for both collectors and girls (who can also be collectors).
    Sarah[/QB]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree, I am a pre-teen and I love collectings dolls! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmm, it's a bit dissapointing that AG isn't more appreciative of their older age fans. Even though the company is geared towards children, girls of <u>all</u> ages love and enjoy their dolls. I'm a highschooler, at an age where I'm expected to have outgrown dolls, and I've never been able to let go. I see no reason to if I still love dolls and still love to play with them just like when I was little. They may say their doll collections are for the little ones, but they are really a universal keepsake that girls in any stage of life continue to treasure. AG should acknowledge and respect that. Not all little girls are ten or younger, some little girls remain in the hearts of those who have grown up.

Wow, that was uncharacteristically deep of me. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

AG might have thought I wanted to get paid if they ever used my idea, but that's not what I was saying. I was just trying to offer them a suggestion to help the collectors, and they took it the wrong way. I thought they would have at least said that they were pleased that there are AG collectors out there, but that didn't happen. [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img] [img]frown.gif[/img] [img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

that's kind of the exact opposite of what their 20th anniversary celebration is going to be about.

I think I will email them that too, in the past they have said that if enough people ask they'll do something. For example... I've written in before about a wheelchair (when I was about 8) and expanding the ages on the club pages and both have become a reality.

I know it is a girl company, but that was very rude of them. Your reply really irks me!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Kenshinchan:
    ... I'm also irritated that they say their products are not intended to be collector's items. That's why they come out with a "Girl of the Year" and then never make her again, right? Because an item that is only around for a limited time could NEVER attract COLLECTORS. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Exactly what was going through my mind.

[img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by cami713:
    I would guess that's not the standard way of wording that sentiment. Your response was probably written by some CS rep who was having a bad day, or just thought the idea of adult collectors to be silly...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Could be butin a smart, well-run company, CS people don't go "off script", especially not with what is surely a question/comment they've gotten before or at the very least could anticipate.

For all its current financial success, I don't get the sense of AG as a really well-run company. Maybe because there's no longer a unifying vision and leadership as there was when Pleasant Rowland was in charge, or maybe it's just the Mattel-effect. The message seems to be: Go away and don't bother us until you have a daughter, then all the sudden remember us and come rushing back as a great customer. That's short-sighted and just plain dumb.

A smart company cultivates a lifelong relationship with its customers, and that includes encouraging adult collectors.

Wickedgood

I do get the sense that unless you are shopping for a girl in AG's specified age range then good luck trying to get decent customer service. Maybe I am bitter because I hopefully checked my mail for two weeks straight as I waited for my AG cataloge to arrive. It has been over 3 weeks since I've requested it, and I have accepted that one just isn't going to come. Why? I think it is because I didn't give a birthdate of a girl for whom I will be purchasing. I didn't give a birthdate because I will be purchasing items for ME.

As for the retirement thing - well, back in the day when my sisters and I would drool over every cataloge, I noted EVERY change that was made to the collections. I never got Samantha's Christmas dress, and I really liked the lace that was originally on it. They didn't warn anyone that they were changing it - it just happened, and if your order arrived after they changed stock then that was too bad. Molly's christmas stocking stuffers were items that changed without warning as well. It was irritating to me when I was 13 - and it's still irritating now that I'm 30.

The fact that they are making SO MANY changes lately - not even subtle like the ones I mentioned above - just highlights the fact that instead of trying to maintain a consistant and quality product they are now just in it for profit alone. Many of the items that get retired and then re-introduced in a different form are much inferior in their second incarnation. Perhaps young children (it seems like they are really pushing the line for 5-8 years old now instead of the previously 8-12) and their inobservant parents don't notice, but older children, those who have been customers from childhood on, and adult collecters DO.

Ebayers would just snap up any remaining stock if retirements were announce publicly. But I wish the company would treat their (well-paying, loyal) customers of ALL ages with the same respect.

Polly Marie

AGfanatic wrote:
    "AG might have thought I wanted to get paid if they ever used my idea, but that's not what I was saying. I was just trying to offer them a suggestion to help the collectors, and they took it the wrong way. I thought they would have at least said that they were pleased that there are AG collectors out there, but that didn't happen."

I agree that your message was not indicating payment, only suggestions that so many of us wish AG would implement.
    It was a strange reply you received from the company. I agree with some others who think you should follow-up with AG about this rude reply you received. <font color="red">I think it's gotten quite a few of us angry !</font> [img]mad.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast