Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

I was talking to my aunt on the phone, and she said she remembered when AG dolls first came out. She claims that she remembers when you bought a doll when they first came out, you had to buy the intro outfit seperately! Like, the doll came naked unless you bought the introductory outfit seperately......I told her I don't think this is true but she will not let go of her opinion....she is so sure of it! Does anyone know about this? [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think so. I have some really early catalogs and they say very specifically that "Kirsten comes in a blue calico dress..." But I don't have the first catalog anymore.

Baylena

I dont remeber that EVER..all my early dolls came with their clothes and a softcover book, the only items that you had to purchase serperatly were their accessories and if you wanted a hardback book.

Sarah
    Originally posted by felicity_horselover:
    I was talking to my aunt on the phone, and she said she remembered when AG dolls first came out. She claims that she remembers when you bought a doll when they first came out, you had to buy the intro outfit seperately! Like, the doll came naked unless you bought the introductory outfit seperately......I told her I don't think this is true but she will not let go of her opinion....she is so sure of it! Does anyone know about this? [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I got one of the first Samantha's that came out. They come with their meet outfit, and I think back then they only had the hardcover books.
    Her little pink purse, hat, locket, penny, and hankerchief were sold seperately though and they only had the school outfits, christmas, and a nightgown back then. They also had way more of the clothing for girls.