Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I'm house/dog sitting for my sister this week and not near my books. Could someone please remind me what symbol they use for each girl on the books?

Also, I can't remember what items Kirstin receives from her Indian friend.

Thanks!
    Tonya

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The symbols are on the american girl official site. Some obvious shapes include:

Kirsten-heart
    Molly-star
    Addy-sun

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What Kirsten recives and what she gets from Singing Bird her Indian friend in order:

S.B. leaves a blue bead so Kirsten leaves her a doll cake
    then S.B. Leaves and green duck feather
    Kirsten leaves and white pebble with red yarn wrapped around it that S.B. replaces with a leather thong.
    Kirsten - doll shaped from mud with a leaf for a skirt and S.B. leaves a basket woven of grass.
    Then a green button with a green thread and S.B. leaves a purple bead.
    Then finnaly she take a honey sandwich wrapped in oak leaves and waits S.B. comes eats the honey and they meet S.B. gives her a small clay pot and Kirsten then gives her, her hankie (the one in Kirsten's Accessories [img]wink.gif[/img] ) Don't you long for the days when we could make friends that easy and be impressed by that stuff?
    As for symbols.
    Kaya- has a native american symbol which I think might be the symbol for teepee.
    Josefina - I has a very squared off flower which I have seen in woven blankets and things from the southwest.
    Felicity - has a very pretty decorative flower although I have really no idea where it came from it might have been something branded into saddles and bridles of animals or some wood cut design.
    Samantha - looks like a little heart charm.
    Kit - water lilly although used in England for a symbol of royalty I have no idea why Kit's got it. It seems to be a bitter taunt with the depression going on.
    Also I noticed this I only have Molly's story collection so I have no idea if this is on other books old or new. But on page 224 or in the book Happy Birthday Molly in chapter four the page that has the crowns on it has what should be a blue star instead is a blue letter M. I wonder since monogramed things were populer back then they planned for Molly to have an M and then changed it to a star and by mistake this slipped through.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you so much. I looked on the the site and was having trouble finding them and I'm working on a doll project and needed to know.

Thanks!!
    Tonya [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the interesting post. I think I saw a set of rubber stamps at Hallmark with all the American Girls' symbols. I didn't know what the symbols meant and someone had to tell me!

-Kitty