Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Jordyn! I don't think anyone here is going to be able to help you, especially those with an Addy. She's GORGEOUS!!!! I would definitely have to cast my vote toward the GET HER side, and perhaps you can venture into a cross-over Addy, like mine, who is sometimes-- like now-- 1866 Addy and sometimes 2006 Addy. (What's 140 years anyway?)
    My Addy, who was a generous gift from Laura & the girls, is an early PM. My mom's Addy is Mattel, purchased around January 2005. Either way... can't go wrong! The PM's hair is more corse, and mine has SUPER long hair. It goes almost to her ankles when it's down. My mom's has softer hair, but still a really good amount of texture. (I'd know more if she let me take her hair out of the net! [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) So, if you want a doll to play with the hair, Addy's your girl!
    Just to aid you along, here are some Addy albums:
    Addy's Hair Restoration
    Addy Goes to Chicago
    Addy in her Easter Dress

Just get her!!!!
    Heather

Ashley1972

Heather, your girls in their Easter dresses!! Wow! They are beautiful! I don't know how I missed them in the easter parade. I'm looking for a wig the same color as your bitty and Ruthie's. Can you give me the name of the wigs and color? Thanks in advance! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Lonie! I just opened your PM. I will locate some other pictures of Ruthie, and send you all the details on the wig.
    Heather

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the "convincing" [img]smile.gif[/img] I think though what I am going to do as of now-finish my AGOT wants off (all I need is 25).

Wrap up her meet outfit, and the other spare meet outfit, plus the two books-and send it in for a 64 dollar refund. Then I'll add the 36 or so dollars to get Addy.

So really I'm getting two dolls for the price of one and a half!

-Jordyn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Very Smart! Two dolls are twice as nice as one. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's a great plan! Indeed, very smart!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks. I figured if they change the meet outfit come Fall, I may not have another chance to get the 64 dollars, only 32, because I would only have one meet outfit and book.

*grins*

-Jordyn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For about 6 months, I wanted Addy. Every chance I get I put her in the shopping cart, take her out, put her in. Even if I have money I can't go through with the final purchase with her.

I have 5 Historicals: Kirsten, Sam & Nellie, Lissie, and Molly. And I think the biggest thing why I can't make up my mind on Addy is the AGOT are SO much easier to collect for. I'm a purist, so I only like the historicals wearing their own clothes (with the exception of Kit and Molly, I bought a lot of Kit's things for Molly).

I love Addy and I love Addy's collection so much, that I know that I am going to want to start collecting for her, along with the other girls that I am still working on. If I got an AGOT, I don't need anything else, because of all the outfits/ items I have.

Is this normal this indecision? Maybe I should wait until I go back to an AGP and pick her out myself. I saw her there and she looked stunning already.

I love her books as well.

I really don't know.

-Jordyn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have Addy and I adore her. She is the sweetest doll and she is not a clotheshorse at all. Her meet dress looks great on her and works well for the winter or spring. Her work dress is one of the cutest dresses ever and you might want to consider her blue summer dress or her sweet summer dress with the hat. She would be quite happy with either. Her striped dress is perfect for fall and it is on sale right now. For Christmas next year, you would want to get her Christmas dress and her Nightgown. I also highly recommend her quilt and her doll. Her collection has many more nice things that I have picked up here and there through the years, but Addy doesn't really need any of it. Just a few of her favorite outfits and you to hug her and she is the happiest doll there is. She likes getting gifts just as much as the next person, but she knows that things don't make a person happy. Just because you might not be able to collect all of Addy's things, you shouldn't miss out on Addy. [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 29, 2006 12:14 PM: Message edited by: MaryCarly ]</font>