Thread: sharpie pens on wigs

thepidget

[img]eek.gif[/img] I've never tried this, so I can't really tell you if it would work or not. I bet the fumes would be really strong, though. Also, I usually think of rubbing alcohol as something that can be used to remove Sharpie ink stains...so I don't know how they would work if they were mixed together. You can definitely experiment, and tell us how it worked out. [img]wink.gif[/img]

JenniferRobin

Wow, that sounds messy! Seems like there should be an easier way.

13Pumpkins

What about RIT dye. I haven't yet, but was wondering if it would work.

[img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img]

GreyMyst

Originally posted by *The*Paranoid*Pumpkin*:
    What about RIT dye. I haven't yet, but was wondering if it would work.

[img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I tried it on Erica's original wig (a mattel Kirsten wig). It dyed the wig cap very well, but only barely tinted the hair, even after 40 minutes in almost pure RIT. The small amount of tint that is there rubs off too.

DO NOT USE RIT! Learn from my mistake.

13Pumpkins

Well glad I commented, so now I know!
    [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Has anyone tried to use sharpie pens to color a blonde wig? i just ordered a bunch of new wigs and i think i'd like to try it and maybe make a blue or green wig. I've read that you can just color the wig with the pen of take it apart and mix the ink with rubbing alcohol and spray it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

From what i've read hair or fabric dye will not work on a doll wig. I tried the sharpie last night on a blonde Barbie. It seemed to work really well but i imagine i'd need a lot more pens to do a AG size wig. Unfortunately i found that none of the size 11 wigs i bought fit my doll so i'll have to order a bigger one.