Thread: Can Addy wear Kirsten clothes and get away with it?

rolloverrover

Question

In planning for my future addition of Addy, I was scanning some of Kirsten's outfits and some would look so cute on Addy. Since they're both from relatively the same time period, would Addy possibly have had some of the same dresses as Kirsten? In particular, I think the purple/purple-trimmed one would look just adorable on Addy.

HB Forum Owner Miss_Nellie_OMalley's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would say more than likely it would be great. Work dresses such as Kirsten and Addy would have worn did not change very much in fashion at the time. So Addy and Kirsten could switch off... however some of Kirsten's clothes definatly have a swedish flare... so thats really the only historical problem you are going to run into.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would say yes, indeed. Actually, if Addy's mother had not been a seamstress, it is quite likely that at least some of Addy's dresses would have been nearly that old. Hand-me-downs, or even "turned" dresses(taken apart and re-sewn inside out so the unfaded fabric would be on the outside)would have been a practical and economical method of dressing a growing child in those days.

rolloverrover

Thanks, everyone, for the input.

I just ordered Kirsten's work dress for Addy! I think she will look so adorable in it! Code 145358 worked for me, too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I even think that some of Addy's clothes are more appropriate historically for Kirsten! For example, Addy's kite-flying outfit would be perfect for Kirsten. Since Kirsten is only 10 years before Addy, and Addy is poor, she could certainally wear Kirsten's clothes, with the exception of the Swedish Dirndl. I don't think the midsummer dress is accurate for either one, actually. Anyway, that is my 2 cents worth!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Definitely!! Kirsten's Work dress belongs to Addy and Addy's Kite Flying Dress belongs to Kirsten. The switch took place as soon as I got both dresses, lol. As far as the midsummer dress goes and Cape Island, both went directly to Grace, my 1858 wealthy Boston girl [img]wink.gif[/img]

Senior Hostboard Member JohnStaples's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Re: Can Addy wear Kirsten clothes and get away with it?

This is true if all you want to accomplish is the civil legal act of marriage.

But if the goal is to enact a sacramental covenant with God to receive His graces to strengthen the marriage bond… for that you need the Church because that is where Christ placed the authority for sharing the sacraments.

Senior Hostboard Member dertaika's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Re: Can Addy wear Kirsten clothes and get away with it?

Good evening, recently ripped my clothes. The place where I used to buy church vestments and order no longer sell and do not serve, not the best news, but kind people immediately advised me this site where I bought and already took away my clothes, I like the quality is much better, thanks to this site and recommend this site!