Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Does anyone have it? Opinions? Is it worth buying as the sled with be stored 11 months out of the year? I really wanted this last Christmas, but spent the holiday out of state. This year the force is strong and I really, really want it.

horselvr2

I have the whole sleigh collection! IMO, I think it is really neat, and it is fun to play with. I think you should get it. You said, "Is it worth buying as the sled with be stored 11 months out of the year?" It could be like a christmas tradition maybe? Well, I think it is really cute anyways.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't have it (no room for AG furniture, etc), but I've always thought the sleigh was EVER so much cooler than the carriage or Molly's new armoire.

Just my humble opinion..... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just got the sleigh and it is beautiful. The sleigh itself is high quality, but the harness is rather flimsy. Mine seemed too small to fit around the horse, and broke. Surprisingly they don't have replacement parts for the sleigh (except the belt with the bells). So they are sending a new sleigh, and I'll send back the first one. But I know this will look great for a very long holiday season. At least three months! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree........you should keep it out all winter. The Central Park carriage rides in NYC don't stop after Christmas........they go all winter. If I had my way, I would get that sleigh and Sam and Nellie. I think it's beautiful. Going to put it on my wishlist right now, LOL!

Go for it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think I would love a grey horse with the sleigh. Yet another temptation... [img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I *love* the sleigh. It is big, but it sure is beautiful. It's wooden and heavy and wonderful quality. I find that it is a bit of a squeeze to get two dolls into it, particularly if they have on all of their winter gear, but otherwise it's perfect. I admired Lissie's carriage when I went to AGPLA, but I do like the sleigh better because it is more open. Felicity and Elizabeth always look like they have been crammed into the carriage, and you don't get to see the dolls as well if you put them on display.

I bought the sleigh and Sam and Nellie's coats, but have held off on getting Penny until they give her a fully removable bridle (keep hoping they'll make that change!). I may end up getting Nicki's horse instead, depending on what it looks like, of course.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have the sleigh and agree with the others who own it. It is definitely worth purchasing. I leave ours out after Christmas and just remove the garland. It is a lovely display piece and very well made although I wish they had used real leather for the reins. It is a rather tight fit for both dolls when they are dressed but I also think this helps to hold them is the sleigh. I too have seen the carriage and think this is a better display piece. I hope this helps you in your decision.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have the sleigh and agree that it's a great display piece all winter. It seems to fit in with any decor and I'm one of those who are fussy over kids'toys lying around the living room. I'm not so sure I would want Felicity's carriage as a seasonal thing in the living room but the sleigh looks great.

Does anyone know if the holly garland is available as a replacement part? I accidentally got mine mixed in with my other holly garlands last year and... um... cut it into 8 smaller sections. I was sick when I discovered I that! [img]eek.gif[/img] It's such nice, dense holly that I would like to replace it.

Julia

Inactive Member Samantha_Nellie_Felicity's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have the sleigh-- and I love it! They look so cute and Christmassy- I leave it up in my room all year-- coats and all!

The actual sleigh is great quality, but the harness is ok. I've lost countless bells-- they fall off VERY easily.

I think the reason they made Nellie's hat coat the way they did is because if you try a wide-brimmed hat on each girl, one gets tilted and you can't see her face.

Come on.... the sleigh is calling you! *starts singing Jingle Bells while pushing the sleigh* oh yeah-- forgot to mention... the blanket is so cute and SOFT!

OllyMolly [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast