Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

I've noticed that there have been several people wishing that AG had a microphone for the dolls, especially since the photo in the new catalogue came out with the Sparkly Tunic outfit. So, I was inspired to make a prototype homemade microphone! The next step will be to make a stand, but his is what I have so fer. (Please keep in mind that this is only a prototype first design that I thought of in only five minutes!) Let me know what you think!

PiperMic

AG MicProto

The pic of Piper is a little blurry because the light is so low in the room, but you can still get the general idea how it looks for size with her.

~Dee

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That looks pretty darned good to me! The wire is perfect, and I sure can't think of any other items that would work better for the mic itself!

(You know, with some work, someone could make one that would actually have a jack on the end and work when plugged-in!)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That looks great!! Just like the one in the catologue!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Looks great! Tell us how you made it?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by FarmhouseGirl:
    Looks great! Tell us how you made it?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's actually really simple pieces. I used the cap from a Sharpie pen for the body, old wire from a dead speaker, a wooden macrame bead, and a small piece of screen.

1. The first thing I did was use a tiny eyeglass screwdriver to bore a hole in the bottom of the pen cap. I didn't feel like dragging out my Dremel, and since the plastic is soft, the screwdriver worked like a little drill.

2. I used an Exacto knife to remove the clip from the cap and trim away the excess plastic until it was smooth.

3. I cut out piece of screen and pulled it smooth over the bead. (The screen I used tuened out to be extremely old, and therefore very brittle and kept breaking. I recommend slightly newer screen material.) Then I used 2 strands of heavy duty quilting thread to tie the screen tight at the base of the bead.

4. I used silver spray paint on the screen-covered bead and set it to dry.

5. While the bead was drying I slipped the wire though the hole I made in the pen cap and tied it in a knot so it wouldn't slip out.

6. When the paint was dry, I actually used a bit of tape to hold the bead in the end of the cap since it was just a test version, but if I were to make another, I would use a hot glue gun to keep the bead in more permanently.

Also, I looked at the catalogue when I was done and compared the two, and theirs has a tiny nut on the end where the wire comes out. I like the detail, so I might add that to the next version.

~Dee

emer222

That really looks great! [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

bumping for those who didn't get to see it.