Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was one of the crazy shoppers out this morning at 5am, scooping up bargains. Since we were in Oshkosh, I decided to check out the outlet, and see if they had anything special for Black Friday.(they really didn't-they were offering 25% off the Hallmark charms/charm bracelets). Anyway, I was chatting with the store manager, and I told her first of all that I was a little unhappy that AG had discontinued so many of Molly's thing just prior to the release of her movie, but hadn't really given her all that many new items. She agreed that AG had missed an opportunity and if she was running the company she would have given Molly more stuff.

Then I told her that I was kind of concerned about Felicity, because they are selling summer outfit at a discount price, when it is still full price online. She kind of raised her eyebrows and gave me this...regretful look. I know that AG employees are sworn to secrecy and can't give out info, but the look she gave me was one that she knew something that I didn't and she was sad about it. I'm really afraid that the movie last year didn't increase Felicity's popularity/sales the way AG had hoped, and that they may be cutting back on her collection again. Her rose garden dress is on sale on the website for I believe the 2nd month in a row, (and it's been at the outlet for a long time) and at last summer's warehouse sale, they had several of Felicity items, at substantial discounts.(her ark, guitar, rose garden dress that I can think of off-hand.) I don't want to start a panic or be an alarmist, but if you are working on your Felicity collection, you might want to get the items soon that you couldn't live without.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmmm... I don't know. From a business stand point, it doesn't make sense. They just invested a ton of capital into remodelling Felicity and her line, even going so far as making a movie about her. To just cancel her or her collection and sell at a discount would probably be a big loss of potential sales. I can see them holding off on anything new for a while, or decreasing her expensive accessories, but I can't see them just starting to retire several relatively new items.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Obviously AG might discontinue Felicity, or any historical, but I really don't see it happening. In fact, I was under the impression that Felicity was doing rather well.

I can, however, imagine them cutting down her collection and retiring several outfits. And the very fact that they've changed her Meet Outfit seems like there could have been problems. The fact that they changed Elizabeth's features so she'd sell better is worrying, too....but I had thought she was doing well?

Of course, better safe than sorry, but if you're collecting out of fear (which is no fun at all [img]frown.gif[/img] ), I'd go for the items that have been discounted first, since IF something were to happen, I'd think those would be the first to go. [img]frown.gif[/img]

But it really seems unlikely to me, that they'd pull a whole doll, especially the same one they tried to discontinue earlier?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do you mean the white dress with the blue flower sash?

I doubt that they would discontinue that one. It is featured on the cover of her Saves The Day book, isn't it? So far as I'm aware, one of the core outfits has never been retired. Revamped maybe, but not gone completely.

[img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] --- KERI --- [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hope for everyone's sake they don't discontinue the summer gown- it is so pretty. And it would be just odd to discontinue one of the "core" outfits.

I wouldn't be surprised about Elizabeth's night table accessories though. Even on sale, they just didn't seem worth it. The mirror seemed cheap to me when I saw the set at AGPLA, and the whole thing just seemed overpriced. I'd buy it for $18-20, but not more.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by only1ofme:
    They just invested a ton of capital into remodelling Felicity and her line, even going so far as making a movie about her.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think AG sold the rights for the movies, so they didn't actually make the movie or spend money for the production. If this is really the case it would probably mean just the opposite - that they got tons of free publicity and may have sold more Felicity items than ever, even if just for a short period.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 25, 2006 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Molly-Felicity ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I love Felicity but now am really wondering if I've missed something. In what ways were Elizabeth's "features" changed. She seems so new.

Shardae

When the Felicity books came out, Elizabeth had brown hair and eyes (I think the eyes were too). The doll, very obviously, does not. Although she is still pretty. I think that's what they mean.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

I really hope they don't retire her outfits! I only have her rose garden dress and her B-Day outfit! I want her tea dress, and her summer outfit, maybe even Baby Polly! Is ELizabeth's stuff going to be retired also? Are you sure they're doing this? Felicity already had a movie and a friend doll. I thought she was doing well.

Janie3082

I think they just have a ton of overstock that they are trying to move, which is why Felicity's (and some of Elizabeth's) stuff keeps showing up on the sale page.

I bet they have tons of the Rose Garden dress because even though they changed her meet outfit, they wouldn't have just gotten rid of the Rose Garden dresses already on the dolls. I am completely guessing, I just think they made a LOT of her items when they did her revamp, hoping that she would sell big.

I really hope AG doesn't give Felicity or Elizabeth the boot. I am going to be so upset if they do something like that again! I read (on Curt's site, I think) that when AG first tried to retire Felicity, there was so much of an outcry from consumers that they decided to bring her back.

I got Lissie several months before they changed her meet outfit, so I only have the Rose Garden dress and her then-Traveling outfit. I have bought any accessories for her or Lizzie when they have gone on sale. Now I just need to start getting her outfits, and of course, the Elizabeth doll.

On a side note, whenever I have ordered recently, it's been to get Today stuff that I've waited on so long I'm afraid it will be gone. Or a Kirsten item here and there. I hate that sometimes I choose what to order "out of fear" like Kenshinchan said. Oh, well. Felicity will definitely be getting some stuff for (my) Christmas this year! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast