Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any MCM trip reports for Sunday?!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd love to hear what kind of deals everyone got at MCM today.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I want to hear more too. I am so eager to know if they had a lot of Kit's trunk this year. I will be watching for bargains on Ebay, but I just wonder what my chances are of actually finding one.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When I went in at 8:00 (we slept late, haha!) Kit's trunk was still $80 and they had 38 left. It wasn't marked down and the woman at Kit's area said it would not be. They were really pushing the trunks. Since Josefina's stuff had sold out completely, Kit's trunks had also taken over Josefina's area.

We got Kit's table and chairs at a markdown of 30 from yesterday's 35. We also got a 35 dollar AGT10 (the last one!) for another board member. My partner bought a St. Lucia wreath for 8.00, which I don't remember seeing yesterday- but I also didn't stop by the Kirsten area yesterday.

Sam's lemonade set was still 15.00. Kit's green paper holder w/ newspaper and other accessories was down to 2 from 3.

The line went much more quickly today because I had my best friend and my partner with me. We brought Travel scrabble and knitting and settled in for a long wait that turned out to be 15 minutes long!

It is supposedly hotter today, but it didn't seem like it at all. Last night, we froze 4 half-filled large Nalgene bottles and added cold water to the rest in the morning. Perfect!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It is so hot here today, I am glad I didn't go. I was tempted by the girl size clothes prices. I am sure some people got some great deals on those.

Inactive Member Mom To Two Girls's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well we were there at 10:00 and no light skinned AGOTs were left. They only had medium and dark for the $35 price. There were only Josephinas and Kayas left of the historicals. We did get Kit's table and chairs for $25 and the Bitty Twinns stroller for $15 but that was all. Everything was pretty much picked over!

prasnlrd

Originally posted by Mom To Two Girls:
    Well we were there at 10:00 and no light skinned AGOTs were left. They only had medium and dark for the $35 price. There were only Josephinas and Kayas left of the historicals. We did get Kit's table and chairs for $25 and the Bitty Twinns stroller for $15 but that was all. Everything was pretty much picked over!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Waaaaaaaaaaaa..."Dark-skinned" prasnlrd needed to be there!!! [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] I certainly would have scooped up a couple of those chocolate morsel delights! SLUUUUUUUUUUURRRP!

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

BTW:
    What happens to the morsels they do not sell???

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We went in at 7 and most of the great buys I got were for others. I got a beautiful #26, several BT strollers (at $15, I'm going to be the fave aunt [img]wink.gif[/img] ), chocolate cherry dress and Access for girls for $7, Memorable moments dress for girls $10, Samantha's purple coat $20 and Kaya's teepee without the fire for $25. None of which I get to keep (two dresses are for my dd). [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] But it's OK, it's a LOT of fun to spend other peoples' money. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] And I got Addy [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and #21 for us yesterday.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lots of stuff on Ebay and they even admit to getting it at the warehouse sale. I thought they were not supposed to resell the things they bought?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nope, MCM sale items aren't supposed to be resold. There's a small sentence at the bottom of the sales slip stating the purchaser agrees not to resell items. Not that they can control it though, because once an item is purchased it's the property of the buyer. Besides, MCM got their asking price for the item. I put a doll back I was thinking of buying for my granddaughter; made someone's day that's for sure! Doll was picked up immediately! She was a perfectly lovely Samantha & I wanted her so badly. For my DGD of course, but I'd get to have her for a couple years first as DGD's too young right now. Oh well, there's always next year...

Edited to add--I'm always amazed how many dolls some sellers list on ebay specifying they're from the sale. There's limits! Sellers must take the neighborhood with them when they shop!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 16, 2006 10:31 PM: Message edited by: EmilyMarie ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Prsnlrd, I wish we both could have been at that sale!!!!!!!!
    And that is a great question!!! What happens to the unsold merchandise????????????? [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast