Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Samantha's talent show dress--I would assume this is safe for a long time since it is 1. pretty new, 2. in the movie, and 3. a Samantha item (she is the most popular). Of the short story outfits that came out at the same time as Felicity's traveling gown, only Molly's Aviator outfit and Addy's striped dress are still available, and since both (I think both; at least Addy's dress) have been on AGP store special, I would not be surprised if these are on their way out relatively soon. Ironically, the safest of the outfits that came out in this batch seems to be Felicity's traveling gown. I think that is because people were so mad about all Felicity's retirements and the fact that she has hardly any clothes left, that if they retired it there might be an angry mob at their door! [img]tongue.gif[/img] That doesn't mean it is safe though...you never know.

courtneysunshine

Ann, That is funny, although there might be some truth to it [img]wink.gif[/img] The rep I talked to today said very strongly that there were A LOT of extremely angry people that Felicity's items had disappeared. Maybe if we all DID threaten them with an angry mob, we'd get the retired stuff back [img]smile.gif[/img] (Just kidding of course)

Kim [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well AGPNY doesn't have Sam's winter dress as a special anymore and they don't have any Felicity travel gowns either. You would have to get it online. Molly's Aviator outfit is the new PWP special.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Laurie,I don't think Samantha is the Queen. I just think she is the most popular seller. A customer rep told me that Samantha was by FAR the biggest seller but Molly was the second. That actually surprised me. I thought Kit would have been the second biggest seller. She seems extremely popular with young girls. My sister in law attributes her popularity due to her blonde hair and more modern looking clothes. I am surprised Kirstein is not more popular. I think Felicity is the least popular because of the red hair and the colonial period doesn't really interest the younger girls.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Perhaps the reason for Molly being so popular is that her era is closer to the person actually buying the doll, e.g., parent, grandparent...

Taffy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ooohhh, and see, I just love Felicity's red hair, either the old color or the new color, doesn't matter to me, but then I was born a redhead! Very dark at first, then turned to strawberry blonde by 3, and then back to a brownish red, however, now, mostly the grey is taking over!

We have Kirsten and Diana loves her, but is asking for Molly, and Felicity is in hiding!

Who are we really kidding, I do love them all.

Laurie

ps. I wonder why Samantha really is the best selling? Yes, she's pretty, but I think they all are. I think girls must be buying her and then dressing her as an AGOT, because something about her clothes just don't do very much for me. Too many shades of white (I know it was popular for the time period) and pink.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by dianasmama:
    ps. I wonder why Samantha really is the best selling? Yes, she's pretty, but I think they all are. I think girls must be buying her and then dressing her as an AGOT, because something about her clothes just don't do very much for me. Too many shades of white (I know it was popular for the time period) and pink.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't think that's the case. (Why even buy a historical if all you want to do is make her into an AGoT, you know?) Young girls love pink and frilly Victorian clothes. I know I did (and do). When I got Samantha there were only 3 girls to pick from, but Samantha's Victorian clothes and accessories were definitely the kicker for me. She was extremely appealing to the "girly girl" in me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I personally adore Samantha's older clothing. The newer stuff seem to mature for a 10 year old. But I think the frilly Edwardian/Victorian clothing appeals to the children. I do think they are all cute and attractive. I am surprised the girls can't see beyond the clothing, hair, and eye color. Because frankly they all look extremely similar. I know my 6 year old niece did not like Molly because of her glasses. Which is funny because she wears glasses.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12