Thread: Making your own horse stable....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Last week I asked for opinions on Felicity's stable set. I really don't like it, except for the accessories, and since I didn't get a response to my query I'm thinking that might be the general consensus, LOL.

So my next question is...who has made a stable for their AG horse? I know I saw one on an album once, but darned if I can remember whose it was. I'd love to see that again, or any others...and I'd love to know the dimensions of what others have created.

Thanks.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think MaryCarly made one in the bottom of a shelf unit. You might check her threads.
    Sorry I don't have a horse. But Sheila is getting one maybe she has an idea for a stable.

emer222

agcollector293110 has one in her album.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We have the stable set and I have to say it gets non stop play time around here. The background is a heavy paper almost wood material, a lot stronger that the settings. I only wish it was taller than the dolls, but it isn't, the horses look great in it though. It stores easily, not that it ever gets stored, like I said, DD has more fun with it than anything else accessory wise. The accessories that come with the set are really cute too.

I guess you could just make a background, but I doubt you can get the accessories alone. Unless you could get the Target retired accessories, I think it would be very hard to find things the right scale. We also have a bunch of the Target accessories too, they are fun, but do not compare to the AG set.

That's my 2 [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

Shelly

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would probably vote for a good sized cardboard box and let the kids color the background. All my horses are under a blanket -- literally. It keeps them warm and not dusty but it squashes their ears flat.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cherry, if I make one I was thinking about using a wooden milk crates that Michael's sells. It would look very rustic. I don't know if it would be big enough, and of course it wouldn't store well.

Jean, thanks for mentioning AGCollector293110's display; it was good to actually see one being used in her album. Can't find any pcitures of MaryCarly's stable...I'll PM her.

AGfun, it's good to know that the cardboard is sturdy and can store easily. That makes me reconsider it, I guess. No, I don't think the accessories are sold separately, but the old Our Genreation ones are pretty easy to come by on EBAY and could be adapted if we go the homemade route.

Thanks everyone!