Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm going this weekend to look for a pattern for Bitty Baby doll clothes. From what I've seen so far they are sized to fit 12-14" or 16-18" (I'm not sure of that exactly) and none of them mention 15". Do you move to the next size up or will the smaller ones fit? Also, does anyone have a specific brand or pattern number that worked especially well? Thanks!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Joan Hind's has a book for doll baby clothes, adn she has them modeled on Bitty Baby dolls in it. I've never sewn for them, but I have used a few of her books for AG dolls. I can't think of the name of the book of the top of my head though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you look in the "crafts" section of the big pattern books (like Simplicity) some of the baby doll clothes patterns show Bitty Baby modeling the pattern--makes it easy to know which ones to choose from! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Simplicity has a pattern that was clearly designed for the Bitty Twins (the dolls in the illustrations look just like the retired Bitty Twins). All the Bittys have the same bodies so this pattern works well for Bitty Baby and the Twins. I don't have the pattern number handy, but you can find it on ebay-- search "clothes pattern 4 boy doll bitty twins" It contains patterns for a dress, overalls, shirt, PJs and jumper.

I love the Morrissey patterns. I have used their Bitty Baby, Hopscotch Hill and AG patterns and have been pleased with all of them.

You can make an educated guess about doll clothes pattern sizing if you look carefully at the dolls on the cover of the pattern. Is it a baby doll or a little girl doll? Is the doll chubbier than Bitty or skinnier? Some baby dolls are long and thin with small heads. The patterns designed for those dolls don't fit Bitty as well (you would definitely need to go up a size on those). The chubbier, snugglier looking dolls will be a better match. In general, it is better to err on the side of a little big-- it is easier to take something in than it is to make something larger. Sometimes the small print will say the pattern fits dolls such as and list some baby dolls by name.

Sewing for Bitty is such fun! Hope you find a pattern you're happy with!