Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Today I took a half-hour drive with my family for our back-to-school shop. Our final stop was Chapters- we were going to buy the new Kit book. But, surprise, surprise, there were NO SHORT STORY COLLECTIONS!! [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] So I went to the customer service desk to ask something along the lines of "when will this be in" and they said their computer system said the short story collections had been released, but not a single store in Canada had received them yet! I am so mad! I've been waiting 4 years to read those Kit stories! Kit is mad too. Here is her madness note:

aQG MAKES ME mad wghereare jmmty stories? (Translation: AG makes me mad where are my stories?)

I think this was a very sloppy release on AG's behalf. Amazon didn't get their books on time, nor did any of Canada, and the books are still not for sale on their website! [img]mad.gif[/img] WHERE ARE THE NEW BOOKS?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been wondering what happened with these books myself. I just checked and my Amazon order has finally shipped. I should see the books next week. This seemed really screwed up. I wonder what went wrong?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi: This is my first time posting -

American Girl has re-released the short stories, but as collections. So you buy one book and you have all the short stories in it for Kit, or Samantha - so there will be 8 books, one for each doll. Hope this helps. It will be $12.95 in the States. Look for them on Tuesday.

Craftycarol51

Donna Cotterman

If you know your transaction number... check Amazon. Mine said were being shipped and then within 24 hours I received an email stating that the order had been cancelled. No reason given.
    I believe AG is probably slow getting the merchandise out. ^j^ Mrs.C.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome Crafycarol51!!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cat.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I ordered 3 of them on amazon (Kit, Felicity and Kaya), and today they finally shipped. I also did see them in person yesterday at Barnes and Noble. I read the 3 new Kit stories and the new Felicity story in the store then put them back on the shelf.

On amazon, there's about a $2.50 discount on the cover price of each book, plus no sales tax or shipping so I probably saved around $15 total on my order by getting them through amazon instead of just picking them up right then and there. When I receive the books in the mail I'll probably reread the stories.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Mrs. C.:
    If you know your transaction number... check Amazon. Mine said were being shipped and then within 24 hours I received an email stating that the order had been cancelled. No reason given.
    I believe AG is probably slow getting the merchandise out. ^j^ Mrs.C.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I cancelled my original Amazon order because it stayed on record once the delivery date had passed and the books were being shown as available from third parties only. Once they became available from Amazon, I placed the order again and they shipped promptly. You might want to give that a try.

pleasantmonkey210
    [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]eek.gif[/img] Whoa now, just cool it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wasn't there an issue with Amazon not having the short story books earlier? Or was that with AG not admitting they were releasing them? I think something is going on here... maybe they're only going to be here for a short time... or maybe they're just waiting until the 5th to ship them all out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast