Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Has anyone posted a photo of silver eye? I am just wondering what it looks like exactly. Thanks!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 01, 2006 12:01 AM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

T. Lynn

There was one I think regarding Molly. If you do a search for Silver Eye, it should come up.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is my Kirsten when I got her off ebay. A very severe case of silver eye. I did send her to the AG hospital to have them replaced.

DSCN3002

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I thought it would be good to show an "after" photo as well. Here is Kirsten after arriving home after "surgery." Good as new!

DSCN3333

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Did they replace only her eyes? Kirsten looks very pretty!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think SILVER EYE may be caused by light exposure. I did a little experiment on a doll that already had one silver eye...on the other eye (the "non-silver") I pointed a high-power flash light directly on it, until the ni-cad battery wore down. I found that eye had turned "Silver". With this in mind, it may be that Silver eye happens when a doll is in a lighted display case, or close to a light source/exposure repeatedly over time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's exactly what I wanted to see. There was a Kristen on Ebay (the seller said factory mistake) with silver eye, I had never seen it so I wondered and sure enough she looked just like that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, that's pretty interesting that you actually did an experiment for the silver eye. Very good to know that light exposure could be a major factor. I keep all my dolls in their boxes so hopefully I will be lucky and avoid the dreaded silver eye. However recently I got distraught over my favorite girl, a grey eyed blonde purchased directly from AG years ago. When I checked her I noticed she had the very early beginnings of bubble eye. Oh no! I don't know anything about this but it can't be good.

Oh, and yes, only the eyes were replaced on the Kirsten. I specifically requested just the eyes to be fixed, not the whole head. However I didn't think to mention to keep the neck strings too so she came back with the plastic tie.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 16, 2006 09:09 PM: Message edited by: luv*AG ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think in Just Magic Maria's How to fix dolls wizard, she explained that acryllic eyes (which AGs have) can be faded by too much sunlight exposure. The same thing happens with teddy bear eyes. And sunlight damages fabric (like doll clothes) and bear fur. It also demagnetizes audiocassettes and floppy discs. Big yellow powerhouse up there, stay clear of it!

The other explanation of silver eye that she mentioned was that the colored backing of the eye separates from the acryllic part. Sort of like a detached retina? Anyway, you can't fix it -- except for Gina, who has silver eye in one eye but it's concealed because I bought her a gray colored contact lens from my local optician!

Has anyone sent a doll to AG Hosp lately to have this fixed? Did they replace the whole head for a PM doll? Was the Kirsten shown above a PM?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My Kirsten is probably a transition doll. She doesn't have a body tag and there are no numbers or letters under the Pleasant Company on her neck. Since I requested to keep the original head they did, and only replaced both eyes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast