Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Felicity_Fan85:
    I decided yesterday that all my dolls are modern girls and that the technical historicals just love those periods in history (ie: Felicity loves the colonial period and Kirsten the pioneering one). That exlains why they all wear modern and historical clothes.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This makes absolutely perfect sense to me. I understand completely...

Taffy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really like your idea with the town and all the girls being best friends, that makes it a lot easier. I don't really "play" with my dolls that much anymore. Actually I've retired my pm Kirsten and Lissie to the shelf until they've gotten their limbs tightened, I'm worried about them getting dirty and ruined. But I change Rae a lot and carry her around the house. She watches a lot of Tiger's games with me and sits on my lap when I'm on the computer [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I use my girls for creative development of the characters in my book, much the same way that you are using them for the creative focus of your movie.

In my book, the girls all go to the same school. That's how they know each other and the basis on how they communicate with each other. The girls who are best friends share similar interests or similar attitudes. For instance, I have a cheerleader and a ballet dancer who are snotty, and I have two rival cooks who end up being best friends...most of the time, and three girls who are into horseback riding and swimming alternately, except one who is in to both, another talented ballet dancer and gymnast who are outgoing, fun, and friendly, and the shy nice girl. I also have two boys....one is an annoying jock nerd, and the other is a quiet sweet type.

It's so much fun imagineering, but sometimes, it takes me half a day just to dress them all!

Felicity_Fan85

Angry

I'm not sure how I want to play with my dolls. (besides photo albums). When I got Susie in December, I decided that she and Felicity were adopted sisters and that all my dolls would be adopted sisters once I got them. Now, I don't know if I want them to stay that way or to just be friends. In the big doll movie I'm making on my camcorder, they are just friends- not sisters because I find it easier that way- in my movie, Felicity invites her friends over for a campout in her backyard. I also made a town for them to live in, in case of other big doll movies. (I got the town idea from some members here) And now that I'm playing with them more (I admit that I didn't really play with Lissie a lot the 8 years she was my only AG) and they're starting school, I think I'd rather have them just be friends and keep the town idea permanent. That way they could have sleep overs at each others' "houses" and call each other on the phone, and the town could have shops and community events, etc. I don't have a lot of accessories or furniture yet so when I'm not playing with them, they are display. I just don't know if I want to keep them as adopted sisters or change it to them just being friends. I think the friends idea also might help if I get more of a variety of dolls to be their sibling and parents. My cabbage patch kid is Felicity's Aunt Martha. I'm just so confused as how I should/want to play with them... Has anyone else ever experienced this?

ETA: I decided yesterday that all my dolls are modern girls and that the technical historicals just love those periods in history (ie: Felicity loves the colonial period and Kirsten the pioneering one). That exlains why they all wear modern and historical clothes.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 11, 2006 12:22 AM: Message edited by: Felicity_Fan85 ]</font>

Inactive Member AccordingToMare's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm playing more and more with my girls beyound dressing them and making albums, though those are still my two main forms of play. It's hard to teach yourself how to play again after growing up! But slowly it starts to come back to you, just like riding a bicycle. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Taffy Cheerful:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Felicity_Fan85:
    I decided yesterday that all my dolls are modern girls and that the technical historicals just love those periods in history (ie: Felicity loves the colonial period and Kirsten the pioneering one). That exlains why they all wear modern and historical clothes.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This makes absolutely perfect sense to me. I understand completely...

Taffy
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's how mine are as well.

My dolls are all in the same class at a boarding school (explaining why they are there, 24/7). When I don't play with them for long periods of time they are on "break". It's a gifted class for all ages, and I liken it to Kirsten's one room schoolhouse where they all help each other. They have a year-round school schedule so I can still play with them together in the summer, and because kids from the Southern Hemisphere (ie, Kailey) want a summer break, not a winter one.

I really like your town idea. I'll probably end up doing something like that once they all grow up. Right now I don't have enough room, lol. I think tinuviel does that as well.

Two of the girls (Lissie and Piper #22) are going off to college, but I haven't decided where in the house it is. Sometimes they go on vacations; if it's just a few of them I usually park them in the dining room or something, but if it's all of them their "dormitory" becomes a hotel.

Edit: Until I found HB I didn't really play with the dolls as much, just dressed them and displayed them. I've also started two books about my dolls, one of which is only about 4 of them and doesn't entirely match their "real" lives but mixes everything together and makes them more like real girls, and the other is just a collection of essays from their point of view, telling about real events that happened to them. I don't know which I like more, but the first was like angelnise said, more for the dolls to be creative development, and the second is more of just them being themselves and telling their own stories.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 11, 2006 01:55 PM: Message edited by: Kit, Kat, and Friends ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like to think of my dolls as having their own little society. The historicals remain in historical clothing, but they still interact with the modern girls. I always match the dolls up in my head in cliques - who hangs out with who, who doesn't get along so well with who, who would go to the same school or be involved in the same activities, etc. I don't act stories out with them anymore unless I am doing a photo album story, but I just like to think about their little world and how they might get along with each other if they happened to come alive every time I leave the room. [img]wink.gif[/img] I could never imagine they were all sisters because every doll has her own last name and family background, though some dolls, like my Wakefield twins, are sisters, and some are stepsisters and cousins.

It's really interesting to see how everyone interacts with their doll world. Some see their dolls as sisters and themselves as their dolls' mother, some have historical dolls that all stay in their own separate worlds, some see their dolls as friends. It's fascinating how everyone has a slightly different relationship between their dolls and themselves. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Felicity_Fan85

Originally posted by Kit, Kat, and Friends:

I really like your town idea. I'll probably end up doing something like that once they all grow up. Right now I don't have enough room, lol. I think tinuviel does that as well.

Two of the girls (Lissie and Piper #22) are going off to college, but I haven't decided where in the house it is. Sometimes they go on vacations; if it's just a few of them I usually park them in the dining room or something, but if it's all of them their "dormitory" becomes a hotel.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I actually got the town idea from tinuviel. My girls don't run any shops or anything though. They could run a small stand selling something at some point. They're all around 9-11 right now. I might consider making them grow up more or I might keep them those ages. Perhaps I might make a movie where they daydream about themselves in high school or something. The town works so much better for me for movies because it makes things a lot easier, like in books. I haven't kept my dolls in another room like you do (not counting when they're on campus with me) but I might try that. Felicity's Aunt Martha (my cpk) is the 4th grade teacher. Felicity, Kaya and Kirsten are in that grade; Susie is in 5th and Jess will be in 5th too. Right now their classroom is in my room (just a couple of cardboard box desks). I would like to make some rooms or maybe one that could be a general house where I can change the accessories and backgrounds around to make into different houses without taking up a lot of space. I also would like to get more variety of dolls at some point. Right now there are some stuffed animals as the girls' classmates. But I would like some dolls to be parents and some little siblings and friends that aren't AG. So, I'll slowly build that up. My huge thing is just space, since my 4 girls are in my room and my room is kind of small. I think I'm going to continue the town idea and they won't be adopted sisters. (Although they can still call me "mommy" or Missy.