Thread: What historical periods would you like to see represented?

Dancingfewl423

Question

Just curious to see what people would like to focus on in terms of Historical dolls...

I'd love a Harlem Rennisance girl (AA, of course!) with a real flapper dress and a saxaphone!
    I'd also love to see an Oregon trail girl with her own wagon.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just want a 1980's "Madge" LOL good times, good times.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really, really want a Regency era (think Jane Austen) doll. Maybe she could even be darkhaired and spunky like Elizabeth Bennet! I just love the clothes from that time period. She could be an English transplant to America, or maybe a society girl in New York. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Pride and Prejudice

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A Vietnam era girl might be very interesting. And it couldn't hurt to have a WWI dolly, either. But, I'm still waiting for my Asian historical dolly! I'm not sure what time period she would be from, but I'm still waiting for her. ^^ I agree that a Regency doll would be very pretty-- but I think that the historical doll coming out in a year or two IS from that time period, so we won't have to wait long! I also agree that an Oregon Trail doll would be fantastic, and also an Inuit or a doll from the deep South. ^_^ So many times would make beautiful dolls...

pleasantmonkey210

[img]biggrin.gif[/img] I think I would like a 50s doll [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by molly*belle717:
    I really, really want a Regency era (think Jane Austen) doll. Maybe she could even be darkhaired and spunky like Elizabeth Bennet! I just love the clothes from that time period. She could be an English transplant to America, or maybe a society girl in New York. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Pride and Prejudice
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I second this. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'd love a girl from around the time of the War of 1812.

I'd also love a 1950s girl who gets to go to the opening of Disney Land.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ooh, I've heard of lots of ones that I'd love to see.

- WWI era girl (though it would probably be awhile, since we've just had WW2 dolls)

- girl from pre-statehood Hawaii; she'd have stunning costumes!

- any girl from North Carolina (c'mon, please?); she could be a counterpart (antislavery) for Addy

- Harlem Renaissance or 20s in general would be amazing!

- I'd like to see a doll from the super-early Civil Rights movement, maybe even based on Scout (a little Southern tomboy doll would be so cute!)

- Cherokee girl would be fantastic, but they already have Kaya, who's Nez Perce, so I'm not sure if they'd do another American Indian; but she could have tear dresses, and go on the Trail of Tears, and have a little cornhusk doll; she'd be so pretty!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

--Creole of Color/Mixed Race from New Orleans c.1803-1820 and a White Creole from New Orleans, same period (these two could be friends, and the contrast of their experiences would be great reading)

--Chinese immigrant to West Coast, Gold Rush era

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, AG is LONG overdue for an Asian historical. I don't see them headed in that direction any time soon, though. [img]frown.gif[/img] She would be a gold rush era girl, having just arrived in the US in California with her older brother. Her mother and little sister are still in China and she wants to earn money to bring them to the US. That would be nice.

Ooh! Or maybe a Vietnamese girl whose adoptive parents are active in the military and her biological mother stood under their helicopter yelling "Take the baby!" and her books are about her finding her mother. Not really focused on America though... Vietnamese Girl? VG? Nah, LOL.

Inactive Member aero_AGdoll_lover's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ITALIAN IMMIGRANT! lol. I want them to make one SO bad! Jess's eye shape, (im not sure about the face shape...) Dark brown eyes and super dark wavy brown hair. Im thinking maybe this would happen before the Great Depression.... [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] Ooooh she would be soooo pretty! I would buy her on the spot! (simply because she would be italian like me! yay! [img]tongue.gif[/img] )