Thread: This doll needs help!

T. Lynn

Can anyone help this AG doll?

If so, be sure to post before/after pictures.

Please PM for the link.

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ September 11, 2006 10:31 PM: Message edited by: T. Lynn ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 12, 2006 01:16 AM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

T. Lynn

After looking more closly, the head and eyes don't look like an AG.

Does the back of the neck say Pleasant Company? She states it does but it's hard to read.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't tell whether she looks bug-eyed because she is missing eyelashes, or is a fake.

Someone needs to check the counterfeit thread--especially the pictures of the way the neck strings are tied--looks to me like these might be tied similarly from what I remember--and yes, I'm being too lazy when my three fake AGs are down the hall in the bedroom!

Linda

Felicity_Fan85

She looks weird. Her eyes are going different ways!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Very interesting doll. Would make a scary Halloween doll. Unless one of our resident Docs care to take a shot at the poor thing. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My friends, I have edited out some of the more insensitive comments that were in this thread [img]eek.gif[/img] and have removed the link to the auction. If you are interested in watching the auction you may PM T.Lynn for the link. If you have any questions about my editing, please PM them to me.

Please remember, dear friends, to think about what you are "saying" before you post comments that might be damaging to someone else. [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img] Nearly all of us here make many purchases from eBay sellers, and we have many regular eBay sellers among our members. The last thing we would want to do is to call into question the credibility of a legitimate seller. Please, let's be kind and let's be sensitive. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

*cross-country hugs for everyone*
    Jeanette

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 12, 2006 01:45 AM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually, it is my firm belief that this is a genuine Samantha, (who may or may not be Pre-Mattel) who has lost her eyelashes--the lashes provide the "stop" for the AG sleep eyes, and stabilizes their position a bit, as well. This is what produces the uneven or "cross-eyed" effect.

That said, I would hesitate to say anything on the board about a specific auction that could affect the final outcome of said auction, or potentially harm an innocent seller. (If you haven't been collecting long enough to tell for sure, one could PM a more experienced board member, or consult the appropriate sticky at the top of the page.)

This auction is on my watch list, and I will definitely bid later on if the price doesn't go higher than my maximum bid. (All she needs is new lashes or new eyes, after all.) [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 12, 2006 12:13 AM: Message edited by: AsianAG ]</font>

T. Lynn

Originally posted by AsianAG:
    Actually, it is my firm belief that this is a genuine Samantha, (who may or may not be Pre-Mattel) who has lost her eyelashes--the lashes provide the "stop" for the AG sleep eyes, and stabilizes their position a bit, as well. This is what produces the uneven or "cross-eyed" effect.

That said, I would hesitate to say anything on the board about a specific auction that could affect the final outcome of said auction, or potentially harm an innocent seller. (If you haven't been collecting long enough to tell for sure, one could PM a more experienced board member, or consult the appropriate sticy at the top of the page.)

This auction is on my watch list, and I will definitly bid later on if the price doesn't go higher than my maximum bid. (All she needs is new lashes or new eyes, after all.) [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you do win her, please post before/after pictures. I'd love to see them. I don't know enough about AG to know if she's legit or not. I just found her and thought someone could give her a good home.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 12, 2006 02:02 AM: Message edited by: T. Lynn ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Forgot to add that she also needs a Downy treatment REAL bad!

T. Lynn--nothing wrong with asking! [img]smile.gif[/img]

And I don't pretend to be a moderator or anything, but some remarks by others could be interpreted as harmful to the auction--that's why there are board rules about posting auction links; Hostboard doesn't want to get in trouble with Ebay. We've had a couple of "fake-doll false alarms" before, and I'd hate to see an innocent ebay seller's auction adversely affected.

This seller has 100% positive feedback, for a fairly high number of transactions--sounds reputable enough to me.

P.S. If I get her, I'll certainly post pictures--but I don't know if I can get her--I'm REALLY cheap!! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 12, 2006 12:30 AM: Message edited by: AsianAG ]</font>