Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

EEK! I just realized I never bought my favorite teacher an end-of-the-year gift and tomorrow is the last day of school (except for finals, but I don't have to take her final).
    I did get her a discount on Wicked Tickets, so I was thinking of just making her something.
    Harper (23) wrote a poem in her blog awhile ago that I liked... does this seem like a good gift for her if I handwrote it and decorated the paper?
    Any other ideas?
    I was going to burn her a CD with all my favorite songs on it that she would like too, but I don't have a CD burner. I might also include a quote from my favorite song on her present.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Any of those sound fine to me. I love just getting a nice note. It trully is the thought that counts!

Felicity_Fan85

Those sound nice.

I was thinking of possibly sometime maybe going to my elementary school or high school- or both and visiting the teachers I had who are still there. I'm not sure if I will d that though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I ended up writing her a long note, giving her the poem and the song quote, and leaving it all on her desk after I was in there for study hall/lunch.
    Hope she likes it... I don't like giving gifts like that in person, LOL.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As a teacher, the Wicked ticket discount sounds GREAT to me!

I also like notes (only nice ones!) that students leave for me. It can be discouraging to be a teacher and it's so nice to know that students like you and care about you.

~Abby

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I think the poem idea is wonderful.

My mom was a teacher and, to be honest, while teachers appreciate all the knickknacks that their students give them, getting the same stuff all the time can become a bit of a nuisance. My mom always felt bad getting rid of things, and there was always enough of a surfeit of stuff that we could never use it all, especially things like mugs and candles and fancy notepaper. When I got a chance to try to go through stuff from my house last summer, there were boxes and boxes just full of unused stuff.

Your note, poem, and song quote sound like a great, heartfelt gift that I'm sure she'll appreciate.

TitanicLover15

Your lucky you don't have to take finals. Mine start tomorrow I have Religion only because we do our midterms and finals in class order. But we do last to first for finals.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by TitanicLover17:
    Your lucky you don't have to take finals. Mine start tomorrow I have Religion only because we do our midterms and finals in class order. But we do last to first for finals.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We have the WEIRDEST finals schedule, it's new this year. We go with our class periods, but it's like 2-1-7, 4-3-6, 9-8-5 or something like that. It's really annoying because last year we had it by subject, and you could carpool. Anyway, I don't have to take them b/c I passed OGTs, but I'm taking them in Math and Bio b/c I have split grades. I have to take German and Band b/c they're not core subjects. The teacher is my history teacher.