Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My Kirsten is green. She was a gift from DH. He got her on ebay but even if she had come from AG I don't think I could have sent her back.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So I'm not seeing things-- Jess does have one eye smaller than the other-- I feel much better now!

My Samantha was not stuffed firmly at all. Her body is more the consistency of a BB than the 18" AGs. But she was my first AG so I had no idea and I am so glad I didn't know-- I love my Samantha and no other Samantha would do. Now, going on 15 years later, her limbs are loose but she's not going to the hospital-- the idea of packaging her up and sending her off is too much for me.

fly-away

My Addy has uneven hair (some goes to only her chin, and NO I didn not cut it) and some wig glue stuff, but I love her to much and I bought her last October so.....not much I can do there...

lol

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have written here about my Sam that I bought from eBay. I loved her hair in the photo in the auction--it is long and gently wavy. When she came she had greenish skin, but I loved her sweet face and of course her hair.

Finally, I got an idea from watching my DD play with photoshop--if you add a little redish tint there,it cancels out a greenish tint. So, very carefully, I rubbed diluted pink gel food color all over her, first on her legs, then the rest. It worked! Now my Sam is in the pink of health!

My third AG (oh, you enablers,you!) was Felicity from eBay, with a great BIN and nice red hair in the photo. When she arrived, her hair wasn't red (they'd used photoshop or strange light, LOL!) I looked for a new one, but kept getting Felicity's sad looks... so she is here to stay.

After reading about someone here making modern hair changes (to pink or purple, I think) using Sharpie pens, I got another weird idea. I got a red and an orange Sharpie pen, and colored Felicity's hair all over, and let it sit for a few days.

Then I did a downy dunk with her, and quite a bit of the color came out in the downy. But enough stayed on that now my Lissie is a true red-head! I will never sell her, so I don't care about re-sale value, and she is happy with her beautiful color and shows it off whenever she can.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Both Elizabeth and Evangeline (#10) arrived with their heads slightly tilted to one side. I don't mind at all, I think it makes them look sweet and innocent. ^_^

Kit and Emmy arrived with such loose legs that I can pick them up and swing them gently from side to side and their tootsies look like a pendulum. They stand fine on their own, though, so I don't mind.

Sometimes a little imperfection adds a little character. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123