Thread: AAK! Placed a doll on ebay and had to take her down!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Getting rid of my dollies is going to be a lot harder than I thought... I placed one of my stardust classic dolls on ebay and then had to take her down, I just couldnt sell her! I looked at her cute face and changed my mind! [img]smile.gif[/img]

There must be another way to make money besides selling my cute dolls. I know now to not buy any more items, stuff etc... but I shouldnt have to sell what I have just to try and get a house that is probably out of our reach.. then ill be saddened I got rid of part of a collection that has taken years to build! [img]smile.gif[/img]

joelanddeborah

Oh, your post made me smile! That is so sweet!! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] At least you decided it before you sold her--can you imagine the mess if you had gone through with it and then decided you didn't want to sell? [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

American_Mommy has a really sweet story about a doll she sold that she later agonized over and her hubby got the doll back! Maybe she'll retell the story!

I am in the same predicament. We are looking into buying a new house, and I have considered selling my entire collection to fund the down payment, but hubby thinks I'll really regret that. I think I would too. I'll find other ways! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Good luck in your decision!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Leave your precious collection intact. Don't buy anymore AG. Try looking around the house for other things you can try to sell on ebay (old video games, household stuff, clothes). You'd be amazed what other people will buy. Best of luck!

Polly Marie

I know that it is hard to choose which dolls to thin out. [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img]
    I'm glad you got back your girl from eBay. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Maybe you need some time to rethink your money making plans and goals. Try to not think about it for at least a couple of days then think about it again. You might see things differently. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you have to sell dolls, etc to buy a house, I would probably not buy such an expensive house. When my DH finishes school in about 2 years we are only going to buy a house that one of us could afford without the 2nd income. Life is too short and you never know what could happen at any given time. There are SO many foreclosers in our area right now since the job market, etc is so unsteady.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by kbrzez:
    If you have to sell dolls, etc to buy a house, I would probably not buy such an expensive house. When my DH finishes school in about 2 years we are only going to buy a house that one of us could afford without the 2nd income. Life is too short and you never know what could happen at any given time. There are SO many foreclosers in our area right now since the job market, etc is so unsteady.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is exactly what my DH and I did when we bought our first house. We bought a house based on my DH income at the time. I worked but knew once we started having children that I would want to stay at home. It worked out great. When I had my dd 2 years later I was able to quit my job and stay at home with her and it wasn't a big struggle.

T. Lynn

We purchased our house based on 2 incomes. Lived in it for 5 years before having our daughter and then cut back to one income. I was a stay-at-home mom for about 4 years.

2 years I worked 2 days a week just because I didn't feel right. I didn't feel like I was contributing anymore even thought hubby said it's harder staying home with the child and he has the easier part (going to work). Very supportive. We learned how to cut back and it's a great lesson. Last year he lost his job for 6 months and lived off of his unemployment and even managed.

Now that I will be working more, I hope my money will feel like an added bonus.

Anyway, it all works out in the end. I wouldn't sell your collection. If this house doesn't work out, trust me, it wasn't meant to be and an even better one will come along.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you have to sell dolls, etc to buy a house, I would probably not buy such an expensive house. When my DH finishes school in about 2 years we are only going to buy a house that one of us could afford without the 2nd income.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's what we did. We bought our house using only my income (which is the lesser of the two). I'm very happy we did that. I can't imagine how much some of our friends are paying in mortgages for their McMansions. [img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by T. Lynn:
    Anyway, it all works out in the end. I wouldn't sell your collection. If this house doesn't work out, trust me, it wasn't meant to be and an even better one will come along.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">These are words of wisdom! Don't buy something you can't afford right now.